1800 WASHINGTON FLASK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Patty,

I have no idea what your issue with me is I've been nothing but nice and have offered you as many facts as I could. Offered to help you get better pictures posted. Offered you contact information for other Experts. And all you have done is jump on all the people in this group. And this forum is free but there are many members that donate money to help with the cost of running this site and many more that donate there time appraising others bottles. And to be honest with you I don’t understand how someone such as your self that has little to no experience with antique bottles. Is going to argue with some of the much more knowledgeable collectors on this site who have been collecting and researching bottles and glass for decades.

Also what does me digging for bottles have to do with any of this? It’s one of the best ways to find antique bottles both for my collection and for sale. And is one of the topics discussed on this site.

All I did was answer you question about your flask and then after that was not acceptable I tried to point you in the proper direction to discover this on your own. However you came with your mind already made up that your flask was old. And no one is going to convince you otherwise.

I feel sorry that you are so close minded that you don’t what to accept the fact that you are wrong and who ever else told you it was old is also wrong. And that your flask is a reproduction made in the 1970s. Worth no more then $10.

So go do what ever you want to do, List the flask on ebay or put it at auction else ware. I’m sure your whole point for asking about it was to see if it had any age and value. And if someone pays you more then $5 or $10 for the flask they got ripped off. Most likely because you listed it as old and it sells to a new collector that does not know any better.

Chris

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I guess us dum bottle diggers have just got to stop pickin on poor inocent folks for our daily pleasure. It just seem that some folks have a really warped since of things. I should say probable everything. How your comments could be construed as other than helpful is far beyond me.

I heard ignorance is bliss but from where I am sitting it seems life a real pain in the bum.

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Oh dear this would be the most entertaining thread I have seen on here.

I spose we should never attribute to mallice what can be better explained by stupidity

John

texasdigger

Reaction score
Well said Chris. You have been very helpful to alot of people on this website, and have always been very accurate on the bottles that I have seen you give your oppinion on.

adshepard

Reaction score
This thread is either very funny or pathetic. I'm leaning to funny.

Anyway my mom has one of those 1970's amethyst G. Washington flasks. I remember her getting it. I swear it was a promotion for bleach or something like that. She still has the thing.

Alan - anxiously awaiting his tumbler.

Mike O

Reaction score
Hey guys this is STUPID! I think she (or he) is just playing us. I knew that flask was a repro the second I saw the 1st picture. how she may ask because I collect flasks and study them. I have over 100 now and NONE look like that. I would say at this point we should not even respond if she wrights any more. You guys have given her way more imput then was deserved, I don't know why people get a kick out of doing things like this. She (he) may as well have sent me a virus it is just as agravating!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yeah Patty, I mean it's a no brainer! Post a pic of the whole bottle along with seperate pics of the neck and top as well as the bottom. I can guarantee you the top and bottom are not right for an authentic 1800's historical flask. The fact of the matter is that you wanted someone here to tell you it's real and when that didn't happen you got all upset. By the way, if your into collecting bottles to make profit then you should go back to books. We dig and collect bottles because we love old glass, not because we're trying to make a buck. Lets see the pics and prove us all wrong if we truley are. Chris Capley Lexdigger

texasdigger

Reaction score
Probably 50% of the public could tell a real historical flask from a repro if you showed them good pictures. The only repros that I have seen that look authentic to me so far are the Sucess to the Railroads flasks from the 1890's. Aside from that all the repro flasks I have seen look like repros, and never have any of the crudity. The flask in question is no doubt a fake. Things like what has happened in this thread are one of the many reasons I don't like reproduction anything. Who knows how many people that are new to collecting have been burned because of them. I can see how it would turn someone off of collecting all together.

PATTY

Reaction score
Chris,
I don' t have a problem with anyone , Its everyone passing judgement on me without knowing me.I got attacked and defended myself, and now all these posts are being made about me. So I think that I got jumped on by one question. I noticed in prior posted as a Quest , the same thing happened as well, with others . You ask a question and right away your an idiot if you agree with the "so called experts on here" Fine forget my flask , I dont care anymore. Lets just say that I was a person who was a guest reading this stuff , I would be turned off at how some people post, like the "virus comment". What does that person have to do with yours and mines conversation.?

I was going to make a positive comment on your dig that is why i asked about IT I found It interesting . That is why I asked if that was you. I am sorry if I offended you OR anyone Else here by my comments
Like I said before , I was defending myself. I wasnt saying my flask was 1,0000dollars either , I was asking a question, I dont care about it , I really dont give a %^$%$,. And as far as this whole site its sad that people have to feel abused to get information. I have a horrible medical condtion and I dont need added stress of this on top of people harrassing me. So a battle enough with my health each day is enough , I dont need to fight with people. So to all , Please a white flag is up ,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey