1800 WASHINGTON FLASK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PATTY

Reaction score
OK FOR ALL OF YOU
why are you people so rude? ARe you above others? I wasnt insulting you , and for your informatiion my "so called repo isnt a repo " I found out from someone else it is from the 1800 . So I guess you must feel silly now. The reason why that is becuase of the bottom of the flasks markings. So my so called "repo" maybe you should check your so called facts . How long have you done this? http://www.bottlebooks.com/reproduc.htm that site I went on and my bottle did not fit that qualifivcation. FOR THE 3rD TIME> your site said alot as well it contrradicts itself
IT NEVER MENTIONS MY FLASK ANYWHERE
So you know It fits this Like I was told by your site your retible site that is telling ME MY BOTTLE IS A REAL BOTTLE , TAKE A LOOK CLICK HER SMART STUFF , AND I AM NOT GOING TO USE THIS SITE EVER AGAIN BECAUSE THIS IS HARRASSMENT! YOU PEOPLE are rude you tell people to go to a site and then argue with them about it , when that is where my flask is ! http://www.fohbc.com/PDF_Files/Washington-Taylor_MRoberts.pdf why dont you look at these pictues and you will see the flask there .

cc6pack

Reaction score
Patty,

Ask the guy how much he will give you for your flask, that shoyl put it all to bed.

If you don't like it here quit hanging around. nuf said.

capsoda

Reaction score
Don't you just love it when someone asks you for an opinion and then gets bent out of shape when you tell them that their million dollar treasure that they got for a steal is only worth a few bucks. Then it turns out to be everyone on the forum that is wrong and at fault.

Well EXCUSE ME!!!

GEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!![&:]

baltbottles

Reaction score
HI Patty,

I would like to state that I was never rude to you I just stated my opinion. Also the site that is linked to is in my signature it appears on all my posts. Its simply to get people to visit my personal website so they can see some interesting Baltimore made bottles and read about my privy diggings. It has nothing to do with the post I made in regards to your flask question. Also I don't know what info you read on my website that made you think your bottle was rare? Considering I have nothing on there about dating bottles or reproductions or flasks in general.

I'd like to quote you on something you said " HOW ARE YOU SURE ? IT HAS A NUMBER ONE AT THE BOTTOM?" The fact that it has a number one on the bottom is part of the give away that its not an 1800s flask. Most early historical flasks are pontiled and they rarely mark the base of a pontiled bottle because the pontil mark would obscure the mold numbers. Your flask is modeled after flasks made in the 1820s-1830s copying early Pittsburgh beaded edge flasks. There was never a General Washington Pittsburgh beaded edge flask made. Another factor is that in one of your pictures you can see a line that runs horizontally around the neck below the lip. This is a feature of a machine made bottle. So that dates the bottle after 1906 plus or minus a couple years simply because that’s about the time the first automatic bottle making machines were invented that would leave this kind of mold seam. Now also from looking at your picture the form of the flask is wrong for a beaded edge flask. Original beaded edge flasks are more ovoid in shape.

It is wise of you not to simply just take one persons opinion as correct or as false. You should gather many opinions on your bottle.

However I would like to state that I have been a collector and dealer in high Quality antique bottles and flasks for over a decade. And have owned and sold several hundred thousand dollars worth of rare bottles. And I'm sure anyone in the bottle collecting hobby that knows me will tell you that I am an expert when it comes to good early bottles.

Also if you don't wish to believe me. Here is the link to Glassworks Auction they are an auction company completely devoted to selling quality antique bottles and flasks.
http://www.glswrk-auction.com/
the owner of the company is Jim Hagenbuch He has been involved in the antique bottle hobby for over 40 years and has ran his auction for almost 20 years and is one of the most respected names in the hobby. His email address is glswrk@enter.net contact him and ask for his opinion on your flask. If its real I'm sure he would love to sell it in his auction as it would be worth many thousands of dollars. If your not happy with his response I can put you in contact with plenty of others that can appraise your flask.

Also if that’s not enough for you your more then welcome to bring the flask to the Baltimore bottle show in the spring where a team of experts will be on hand to offer free appraisals of antique bottles.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey Capsoda,

This reminds me of a funny thing that happened a couple years ago at the Baltimore show I was doing the appraisal table and a guy walked up with a blue plastic shopping bag and about tossed it on the table I herd a bottle bounce off the table. He then pulled out the first bottle which he had carefully wrapped up in a large cloth and he showed it to me it was a small machine made McCormick and Co Baltimore extract type bottle with a partial label that you couldn't read. He was pretty disturbed that I told him it was only worth a couple dollars at best. Then he pulled out the other bottle this one wasn't protected by anything but the bag and was the one that bounced off the table when he put down his bag. Well It was a Mint condition GI-119 Columbia-Eagle flask I couldn't believe my eyes He thought it was a worthless fake and couldn't believe that I appraised it for $10,000 which he latter sold it for. I still think it was funny because he thought the worthless bottle was a great treasure and the great treasure was worthless. This time it’s just the complete opposite.

Chris

cobaltbot

Reaction score
That's theres funny, and rats I've got tons of those McCormick flasks[;)] Very tactfull and polite Chris, that should begin to give that lady the idea she has the wrong impression about this group.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Lestoil, Ezra Brooks and others put that stuff out. Any one of them could have come out in 4 or more different colors. Chris is right about the seam around the neck. It's 1960's or 70's.

This looks like yours in green
http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Washington-Eagle-Flask-replica_W0QQitemZ190046032013QQihZ009QQcategoryZ13912QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PATTY

Reaction score
1st to the person who thinks my botle is green its not , I am not color blind , and the picture isnt to clear to begin with

This is a reply to Baltimore ,
I appreciate your forth coming and honesty, I didn't like the fact that these gentlemen (not really) were posting The statements My bottle doesn't have details like these 70's ones that these guys are saying , and its an insult that they are saying that. I am not trying to make millions of dollars. I have 2 other bottles that are reproductions, Nu line ones. Amber glass . . This particular one , I thought because of the fact that it had the discoloration and no markings but a single 1 , was made it either late 1800 or early 1900 . I did my studying too. I also read that amethyst was a rare color. A picture can be hard to tell a true value. I think that those gentlemen are rude in putting down Kovels. Did you find that appropriate? I hope this man you are putting me in contact with isn't that way. I will contact him , with the email you sent and better pictures , I think that could also be a problem The clearer the pictures , The better, [/align]I really would like to have a better understanding of this bottle and know what the deal is with it , so if in the future , , I have knowledge. but if this is how people are , I will stick with collecting books! [/align] [/align]Also for the post about the getting the wrong impression , I am sure that are always some people like that on sites I don't judge everyone that way . baltimore proved them wrong. [/align] [/align]Thanks for your help! Patricia [/align]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I said it looks like yours in green. That was after stating that companies put these types of ware out in different colors. If you don't want help, stop asking!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie