1857 Doctors Privy Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Good dig, Tom. Your large cobalt poison is English-made. It is a relatively common style, but I have seen them at antique shops priced at $15-$20. They are not commonly dug in the U.S., but they do show up once in a while. There were some English-made bottles imported for use in the U.S. in the 1800s. I have even seen English-style poison bottles with labels from American stores. Mike (madman) dug an English poison in Ohio a while ago. Good luck finding the older privy hole. I hope you get a cobalt skull poison and another pontiled Harrison's [;)] Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Tom- I was just looking over some of my old postings. I just now saw your reply to my post under Digging Partners. I have no idea how I managed to miss it for three months! Sorry for the delay. Check it out and drop me a message if you want. Thanks! Jim

Bottleman

Reaction score
Jim, thanks for the information on the poison bottle. It looked English to both of us but because we dug it here in PA it made sense that it was US. Luckily I read your post right before we split the bottles up so I didn’t need to pick it right away, otherwise I might have.

P.S. I will send you an e-mail later tonight or tomorrow in reply to the “Central Pennsylvania†post under looking for digging partners.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Warren, that’s what my friend told me they were for too but I thought they may have been some type of other medical device for squirting a liquid medicine on your skin or something. We actually found the original rubber balls that fit on the ends but when we touched them, they shattered. That’s what time will do to 100 year old things that are dug EXCEPT for bottles thank god!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem