5 days cigarette free!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KBbottles

Reaction score
Nice work on being smoke free!! I've been down that road several times. Been clean for over 3 years now. You should definitely reward yourself with a nice bottle at the one month mark. then again at 3 months, 6 months, a yr... etc... You could definitely get a nice piece or two off the bay or at shows and still be saving a ton of money from quitting. Since I have such an addictive personality, I find that transferring the bad habit addictions to healthy ones is the way to go. Instead of being crazily addicted to cigs, now I am very addicted to digging whether it be bottles, fossils, minerals, etc... Love it all. The best part is you keep building a collection that will last a lifetime of enjoyment.

Good luck with everything!

KB

woodswalker

Reaction score
I'm on day 12 now.....hands still get shaky and I have to steer clear of other smokers....the craving is still there, but all I've been doing is chewing gum....not even the nicotine gum anymore either!!!!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

lepew62

Reaction score
WOO HOO @ U. I have been cig free since July 5th, I am using chantix. I quit for 7 mos between last yr and this spring then started again[:mad:]. I am really hoping it is for good this time. I have used the money I have saved for gas to go on little excursions to different rivers. I figure I was smoking around a tank of gas a week, and man was it nasty[:D]. One benefit is I have cig free smootches, I might smell like a skanky river, but my breath doesnt[:D].

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I was behind a guy in the store today.$8.25 for a pack of Winstons!! Holy smokes!!!Thats a nice car payment...Congratulations you quitters!!![:D]

woodswalker

Reaction score
Yeah I know I'm glad to not "stink" any more and man do I notice how bad it smells when everyones outside at work....
And yes so far in the 12 days I've probably saved at least $75 dollars or so....depending where I went our prices were between 4.50 to 6.50 and when I went to New York they were over $9.00!!!!
I just can't believe I haven't even used the patch or anything except one box of nicotine coated gum.....I heard a lot of people say the Chantix made them crazy or angry...plus my health insurance doesn't cover it....

Thanks for all the support....If I set my mind to something it's getting done so hope this time works and lasts!!

photolitherland

Reaction score
My roommate always tried to quit smoking, he would only ever last like three days, so youve made it over the three day hump, YAY! And now you can spend that 75 bucks on bottles, its a win win situation.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Just think of what you enjoy more... A pack of cigarettes can last a day, but a nice bottle in your collection will last a lifetime. [:)]

But seriously think about it... At an average of say 6.50 a day, in just 5 years you would have enough to purchase that extremely incredible yellow green pontiled cathedral pickle that just sold on bay for $11K!! So I think its safe to say you can spend that money on much better things. Even if you bought one nice bottle a month, you would still be in the black (the good kind of black unlike how lungs get from smoking).

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

My Dad gave up smoking when I was little, after he accidentally burned me with cigarette ash. He started again 35 years later and smoked until he was bed-ridden in the last years of his life. My best friend smokes and I know exactly what she feels like after a cigarette, how it affects her, she tells me. We take a cig break at work most days, she smokes and I listen.
When I was in school back in the mid 60s, I was buying cigarettes for $2.00 a carton in Wisconsin. When they went above 35 cents a pack I decided that I couldn't afford them and decided to quit. I know that everything has gone up in price since then but $3.00 - $6.50 a pack seems a little outlandish especially when you know that they aren't doing you any good. I know how hard it is to quit and I give anyone who has, a lot of credit. Congratulations to anyone who has quit even for a short time and my hat is off to anyone who has quit for good.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75