5 days cigarette free!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Almost two full weeks now!!!! now just seems like i cough more than i did when I didn't smoke.....but at least I don't smell like a ash tray anymore!!!! thanks for your support...today i'm taking that saved money[:D][:D] and going to the flea market and a few different antique malls!!![:D] I'm always up way to early tho[:eek:]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lepew62

I am using chantix.

How is that working for you? My wife has tried to quit at least 5 times if not more with all other products, the last attempt was with Chantix and it was the worst experience she has ever had. She seemed to develop every side affect that was mentioned. Crazy vivid dreams, nausea, vertigo, loss of apatite, felt like she had the flu 24/7. It was awful.

There are 2 new procedures out that you don't hear about. 1 is an injection that works differently than Chantix. I don't remember the names but I think there are 2-3 different makers of it with different names. The other is a laser treatment. Don't know how that works, but it causes the release of chemicals in your body that cigs do for an extended time or something like that, while the addiction to the nicotine and such is removed from the body. Both seem to have good success rates, but being new, not many places offer it. There is a place in Atlanta that offers one and another in Jacksonville. When we have the money, wife will do one of these. She really wants to quit and is ready once more.

Stardust

Reaction score
Great job!!!!!!!Nice to have extra cash!!!!!

Keep it up Manda and any others out there ; )

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Poison_Us

Congrats! It's the toughest habit to quit.
Definitely a tough one.An addiction that on one hand tells me if I do it I'll feel better,while on the other hand it's killing me and every one I love.Like most(not all) addictions it breeds one of the ugliest forms of human selfishness.Not only does it pollute the body,but evidence of it pollutes every corner of our planet(discarded filters).I don't even want to go into who benefits from this nasty habit.I dislike this addiction with every dimension of my spirit and body.I dislike it so much because it had me for 35 years.It lied to me,it stole from me,and worst of all,it weakened me.
I'm two years away from my last coffin nail,and I salute your decision Amanda to quit also.Just remember,"ONE DAY AT A TIME!"Anthony-J.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
A hearse was driving up a slippery hill during an ice storm, when the back door of the vehicle opened up and the casket started sliding down the hill. The casket turned the corner, slid into a drug store whose door was opened up by a startled customer. The casket went all the way to the back of the store to the pharmacy, opened up, and the corps sat up and said to the pharmacist, "Do you have something to stop this coffin."

woodswalker

Reaction score
lol very funny Dan!! I tell ya its been 16 days now and right now i could really use one....been up twice last night now I'm up and its 2:30 with an ice pack on my extremely swollen arm and even better I keep getting the hiccups.....but i don't think coughing my lungs up would help right now any way.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28