911-------- where were you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
My brother woke me up with a phone call: "The world trade center is GONE!" I had a little trouble believing him so turned on CNN.. watched for a few hours, then drove up to MOUNT MITCHELL in Atlantic Highlands and saw the plume of smoke.. by mid afternoon the winds carried the trail of smoke down over the Jersey shore and I could smell it in Long Branch.. the weather today was actually almost identical to that day, making it a slightly creepier anniversary. Last week I worked for customers who lost a son that day.

NEVER FORGET!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

My brother woke me up with a phone call: "The world trade center is GONE!" I had a little trouble believing him so turned on CNN.. watched for a few hours, then drove up to MOUNT MITCHELL in Atlantic Highlands and saw the plume of smoke.. by mid afternoon the winds carried the trail of smoke down over the Jersey shore and I could smell it in Long Branch.. the weather today was actually almost identical to that day, making it a slightly creepier anniversary. Last week I worked for customers who lost a son that day.

NEVER FORGET!

Yeah I was just saying that today Chuck,the weather was spot on. Cool in the morning then mid 70s. Where I work jet planes fly over head daily.that was a weird feeling just seeing that. I remember the air space was dead after 911. Creepy

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

so what happened 11 years ago? Some kind of big traffic accident?

YEAH some Azzholes hit us[:mad:] But we went around the block and hit the baztards back!!

CA913C3ABD964963BCC46BE6966BA5B7.gif

Attachments

• CA913C3ABD964963BCC46BE6966BA5B7.gif
    CA913C3ABD964963BCC46BE6966BA5B7.gif
    160.3 KB · Views: 66

Jim

Reaction score
I was at college for a short while in 2001. I found out from one of my professors. Everyone was just shocked. I had the same fears as everyone else, "How many more?", "Someone I know?"

I had never in my life had a desire to torture and kill anyone, but on that day, if I could have gotten my hands on even just one of the filthy animals who had any part in that mass murder and destruction, I would probably still be afraid of myself to this day. I still feel great joy and vindication every time one of those murderous creeps gets taken out. ~Jim

bobble

Reaction score
What is that supposed to mean?What happened 11 years ago puts me in places that led up to the towers. The Achille Lauro,where we went darken ship and general quarters,only to find out it was terrorists who unmercifly threw an old man in a wheel chair overboard just because he was a jew! Watching planes come back,hotseat pilots,[who by the way,I know wouldn't lower themselves to make a comment to this inane statement,tho I'm enlisted,so I will.] that went back up and brought a needle in a haystack back.In '79,we were pulling people that had drifted a ways into the Yellow sea,fearing we would give them back to the Kmer rouge,who were still terrorizing their own people.So if you really mean this,to keep a sophomoric comment up on a day like today,just remember you can stll do it in this country only!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bobble

What is that supposed to mean?What happened 11 years ago puts me in places that led up to the towers. The Achille Lauro,where we went darken ship and general quarters,only to find out it was terrorists who unmercifly threw an old man in a wheel chair overboard just because he was a jew! Watching planes come back,hotseat pilots,[who by the way,I know wouldn't lower themselves to make a comment to this inane statement,tho I'm enlisted,so I will.] that went back up and brought a needle in a haystack back.In '79,we were pulling people that had drifted a ways into the Yellow sea,fearing we would give them back to the Kmer rouge,who were still terrorizing their own people.So if you really mean this,to keep a sophomoric comment up on a day like today,just remember you can stll do it in this country only!

I AM SURE HE MEANT NOTHING BY IT HES SUCH A JOKESTER RIGHT GUNTH[8D]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

I had gotten up, was drinking coffee, reading the paper and and had something on TV, in the background.
I heard the news break and went to see what was happening. When the second plane hit, I got all my T-50 gear together, packed my ruck, got in my uniform and headed in to my military unit.
There were already guys there and we all waited for orders.

>>It took 11 years but we got all of the master minds behind it.<<

Steve, I have to beg to differ. We still haven't gotten this scum bag. You know he is looking over his shoulder. Your time is coming, al-Zawahiri.

http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/504f786cc110c0d17b000001/ayman-al-zawahiri-confirms-death-of-al-qaeda-deputy

Bill

68A2A40C7D2A423183EFBCAFBE85102F.jpg
Well get him Bill,
We cant let our guard down they WILL hit us again its not if its when. We need to p i s s on the UN and don't give up our sovereignty. What I fear the most is an inside job by one of the Muslim extremists in our own military, another Fort Hood type incident on a much grander scale. We have the military might to do literally as we know is in our and the worlds best interest. We don't need the United Nations approval. THEY NEED US with out us they are NOTHING. You wanna see how to win a war quickly its coming to a theater near all of us. Watch Israel annihilate Iran in the coming days or weeks. They fight to WIN because their very survival as a nation depends on it. As a nation we owe no apologies to one. Yeah I remember it...... every day,especially when I travel by air,go to any Federal building .....Yeah I remember where I was and what I was doing on 9-11-2001 [:(]............. I know I felt a lot better on 9-10-2001.....[8|]

bostaurus

Reaction score
I was standing in the kitchen getting ready to start our home school day. My husband called from the base (Ft Sam) and told me to turn on the TV. The base went to high alert as well as all the units. Needless to say we did not have school that day and I tried to my kids what as happening...hard to do when you don't understand yourself.

hunting262

Reaction score
Well I was 16 months old so......... I was sleeping.

My mom was on the phone to the bank when it was breaking news and she told the person at the bank and they both started freaking out. Then my dad was at work and we went to visit him. And I don't have a clue what my brother was doing... I think watching TV or something?

VERY sad day though for everyone who lost a family member or close Friend that day.[:(][:(][:(] I'm glad we got bin laden dead though.[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1