911-------- where were you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
No missing decimal point, just meant to type Egypt and not Cairo. This whole mess in the region started with your Uncle Georgie Boy, that Frikkin Idiot, and like all he's other messes he left it to be cleaned up by someone with a brain. Sadly you seem to have the same disease as George these days, and it's good to see your getting your "facts" from a Rupert Murdoch paper, you've become as big a joke as Rupert himself...

surfaceone

Reaction score
This whole mess in the region started with your Uncle Georgie Boy, that Frikkin Idiot, and like all he's other messes he left it to be cleaned up by someone with a brain.

Hey Jim,

Still on that same old "Blame Bush" DNC talking point, eh?

n080502_bush.jpg

As I recall, when President Bush left office. Mubarak was still in power. The Egyptian Revolution took place entirely during Mr. Obama's term, so I'm not sure how that reinforces your point.

The Libyan Civil War also occurred entirely on Obama's watch. This is where we learned about "Leading From Behind."

Surely you remember President Obama's famous Cairo speech "A New Beginning" from February 4, 2009.

Seems like that whole concept didn't work out so well.

enhanced-buzz-5001-1347417513-3.jpg

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] Well he did get us into a war with Iraq, which ooops didnt have weapons of mass destruction after all. He did help cause the stock market crash with the workings of his administration. He did sit in a classroom with a really stupid look on his face as the towers came crashing down. He did wait forever before helping the Katrina victims. And he couldnt put fourteen words together without some kind of stupid gaffe. and a lot of other crap too but you blind rightwinger warmongering industrial establishment types always blame the other side for his and your shortcomings. I know Obama isnt perfect but at least he can talk intelligently and not sound like some stupid redneck off the farm with no common sense. Sorry if I have hurt any feelings but the consevatives in this country hate it when liberals use their tactics against them. So I for one do not miss Bush at all or his evil vice president Cheney, which I believe really ran the country, because bush wasnt smart enough to do so, He was a cheerleader for g__sakes!!.........

epackage

Reaction score
This whole fiasco started with Bush the elder, a man who I admired alot because I've always thought he was a great president when it came to foreign affairs. He did what he needed to do in the first Gulf War and then got the hell out of there, he didn't put thousands of lives in jeopardy in a drawn out affair to try and oust Saddam. Sadly that's why I believe the Idiot Bush Jr. decided he was going to get us involved there again, to show his daddy he wasn't the F'up everyone on the planet knew he was based on his previous dealings in the business world.

He was a man who was lead around by the nose by Dick Cheney, and instead of building an international coalition like his father he decided for a unilateral approach that has lead to a giant mess in the region, and I feel this has helped spawn the situation we have there today. Since I consider myself a centerist as opposed to your far right vision of the world, where the US can't ever be wrong because God wants us to be the best, and no liberal idea can possibly be any good I'd have to say that you're much more of an RNC talking points kind of guy than I am for the DNC. I belong to a Union here in NJ and after my first 6 years in the union I got sick of all the phone calls imploring me who to vote everytime there was an upcoming election, so I went down to the union hall and told them in no uncertain terms that if they ever called me or sent letters trying to tell me who I should be placing my vote for I would be in there kicking asses. To this day I do not contribute to the union's PAC Fund and even threatened them with a lawsuit at a union meeting if the $2 an hour was ever taken from my pay because I don't think towing the party line is ALWAYS the right thing to do, sadly this does not seem to be the case with you. Tell Hannity, Limbaugh and Levin I said hello...

580DEB137C524182BBEDEE20433A7015.jpg

Attachments

• 580DEB137C524182BBEDEE20433A7015.jpg
    580DEB137C524182BBEDEE20433A7015.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 71

epackage

Reaction score
Surf, I looked thru this post again, the one that was supposed to be about where we were on 9-11, and as seems the norm lately you were once again the one member turning a thread into you own personal Obama bashing thread, just like the one, two and three word games. I've decided rather than argue with you and say to you what I really feel about you these days I'm just gonna hit the green button and ignore your need to make this your own personal site for hating the President and consistently acting like an ass. I'll leave you to your devices and wish you the best of luck, hopefully we never meet in person, be well...[;)]

bobble

Reaction score
Oh for pitys' sake,I've been listen'n to everyone since I posted on this thread,Knowing that someone like the big E,Surf,Steve S.,Rick or Gunth would be far more articulate than I in Explaining themselves on this topic.
Remembering where we were on that day,What we were doing.I too flew off the handle right off the bat , should've put it in a different thread.I certainly don't begrudge the gentlemans' comment I was replying to.It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.I visit the mans' site now and again,and He sure doesn't need any approval from me.I'm the rookie around here,and need all the help I can get.I've never been accused of having the greatest ideas or being the smoothest in completing a job.I need a leader.If I don't admit that to myself,it could cause grief to allot of people I care for.
I'm not a Union man,but I know very well we need the Unions.I believe welfare took the 'Man' out of Manhood but I know we need it.I believe that for a long time this country hasn't been led in a positive way.I think not being led correctly leaves one confused,I mean,if your not moving forward,WTH are you going ?I keep everything in context by paying attention to family,who somehow are taking care of themselves,spending time out in the woods(this is my favorite time of year)yard sales,(found a Wheaton)and touching base here at the blue pages,where a person can get instruction,info,show off,vent,and still be treated like family in a sense.I'm not a unique person in this habit,I'm sure.I know I wouldn't want to visit this site,the one and only one I will,if any of the guys and gals who are head & shoulders above me,stop.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
There are lots of people on this site who I would probably never hang out with in real life.
They have totally different views of the world in almost every aspect.
What's cool though is we can discuss bottles in this one
small spot on the internet and not worry about all the rest of the world drama.
I want to keep my azz focused on the glazz.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
This thread started out bringing us all together with a common bond, then it slowly went back to the way it was "A who's right political war".
Once 911 passed. we were back being our augmentative selves,well some of us.
It took a little longer for people to get to that point with 911, but on the internet things happen overnight.

epackage

Reaction score
Don't feel bad Rick, look at it this way, at least Surf got the chance to once again voice his political BS regardless of the topic. Freedom at any cost, even if it gets 4 innocent Americans murdered overseas, as long as some nutjob gets to make Muslim hating videos so guys like Surf can have a place to lay the blame on President Obama. Kinda like walking into a packed movie theatre and yelling fire and then blaming the people who run the movie theatre, isn't it great??

But it's all good because Surf uses his abilities to research bottles and post the answers in a very cool way so that people think he's here to talk bottles, now there's no need to wonder why he hides himself from everyone here. Always making sure never to appear as online here, hidden contact and personal info, a ghost who's real purpose is now exposed...

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Surf, I looked thru this post again, the one that was supposed to be about where we were on 9-11, and as seems the norm lately you were once again the one member turning a thread into you own personal Obama bashing thread, just like the one, two and three word games. I've decided rather than argue with you and say to you what I really feel about you these days I'm just gonna hit the green button and ignore your need to make this your own personal site for hating the President and consistently acting like an ass. I'll leave you to your devices and wish you the best of luck, hopefully we never meet in person, be well...[;)]

Hey Jim,

I'm gonna reply just in case you missed that green button.

I've no "hate" for President Obama. I do think him incompetent on many levels. Campaigning, speechifying, and offering false hope & change, however, are his strong points.

I've got no hate, nor hard feelings for you either. I have friends who are diametrically opposed to my political views, and that's fine, we can still have a good discussion, argument, or whatever you wanna call the dialogue. Because we're "friends" we can joke around about who's got what what wool pulled over his or her eyes. We don't feel the need to pick up our marbles, and decamp in high dudgeon.

September 11th was this past tuesday. I remembered my old friend and former classmate who died in his office in the South Tower. I went about my day. That evening I learned of the attacks on our Embassy in Cairo, and our consulate in Benghazi. I sat there in shock, flipping back and forth between the "news" channels, trying to learn more.

My number one son is at school in New York, I had warned him on the 10th to be doubly vigilant, and called him the night of the 11th. He had not yet seen the early reports from Cairo & Benghazi.

I wrote a long response the other day to Matt's posting:

ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

...The best way to show terrorist bullies that they cant affect America would to build the buildings back exactly like they were or better and move on as if nothing happened. That shows them they cant affect us. Every time we reitterate how injured we were its a victory for them.

That's the problem with allowing non-bottle talk, you often get opinions you find offensive.

I happen to agree with him on the rebuilding, oddly enough; though not on the restriction of speech aspect. Unfortunately my earlier reply went up in a poof of pixels when I got timed out on the site.

I don't get "offended" by the opinions of other Americans, even when they are as wrongheaded as some of the ones I've read here. [8D]

I did look back on President Obama's big speech in Cairo about a "New Beginning." It was delivered June 4th, 2009, rather than in February. Pursuant to Matt's thoughts about our "reiterating" our injuries being a victory to the terrorists:

"And finally, just as America can never tolerate violence by extremists, we must never alter or forget our principles. Nine-eleven was an enormous trauma to our country. The fear and anger that it provoked was understandable, but in some cases, it led us to act contrary to our traditions and our ideals. We are taking concrete actions to change course. I have unequivocally prohibited the use of torture by the United States, and I have ordered the prison at Guantanamo Bay closed by early next year. (Applause.)" President Obama, Cairo, 6/4/09.

As amusing as are the Obama whitehouse.gov team's inclusion of the "Applause" lines in this speech transcript, President Obama was still in campaign mode when he spoke to the Islam side of the world in Cairo.

And then he went to see the Pyramids...

20090604T152309Z_01_WHT330_RTRMDNP_3_OBAMAEGYPT.jpg

Well written speeches, promises of "Hope & Change" unfulfilled as they are, make for wonderful photo-ops and campaigns. An effective foreign policy, they do not make. President Obama ended the war in Iraq, and then walked away. He's telegraphed the end of the war in Afghanistan many times. I do not understand the need to hand a withdrawal calendar to the enemy far in advance.

I keep asking myself why was Ambassador Stevens ostensibly unguarded and defenseless in Benghazi on September Eleventh, of all days. This was a failure of the US State Department, Hillary Clinton, and President Obama.

Rick, I see you are seemingly unhappy with the direction this thread has taken. On 9/11/01, I was at the bank early, waiting in line for seemingly ever, when I finally got my business done, the manager waved me over to his office and pointed at the television. I was just in time to see a 737 fly into the World Trade Center. I'll never forget that.

I said to the manager, "Greetings from Osama bin Laden!"

He looked at me like I was speaking Martian, and said, "What?"

2012914182220131590_8.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles