Any Guesses?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jcrlanger

Reaction score
This bottle is a bit of a mystery. I have heard the guesses and have my own but here are a few - since it has the metal hanging clip at the base this could be some type of IV bottle (possibly used with embalming) or a glass canteen. What do you think?

First picture is with the plastic stopper assembly off. Notice that the small one fits into the larger one to form some type of seal. Also you can see the metal clip at the base that was attached to a special design in the bottle itself.

l_aefad9a9bd664e94b28d8fc25c18831e.jpg

Next picture shows the assembly put together. You can get even a better idea of the clip with this picture.

l_30465107289641fba6c7460536aa5eba.jpg

Hope someone knows
John

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
before I read your comment, I was thinking an IV bottle for a very low dosage, high potency drug. thats my guess.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i can see the metal clip as an early development in IV use ...but a plastic stopper ? that dates it when?

donalddarneille

Reaction score
I would guess a water bottle for a bird or small animal cage. Does the inner stopper have a hole to accept a glass or rubber tube?

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Possible for any of these. I do like the animal water bottle because there is no measure of the dise as a typical IV would have.

Thanks to all for your comments
John

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman