Anybody Know Anything About This One??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Black_Boogers

Reaction score
Yeah Ron,

I'm thinkin' the same thing..that's why I'm asking. It looks older, but embossed patent meds shouldn't go back as far as this one seems to be. Or could they?? The bottle looks similiar to a very early John Moffat (circa. 1830s-1840s), but doesn't quite "fit the mold" if you know what I mean.

Hmmm... very interesting..... If legit, it would be a VERY nice one, though....

Anybody else??

Rick

earlyglass

Reaction score
This is a reproduction. I have seen them before and questioned them myself. I don't have the information readily available, but was informed at the time of the origin. If this was an 1840s pontilled colored medicine, unlisted, with an embossed indian then this would command $20,000+.

Just beware... there are some VERY nice fakes out there.

Mike

welddigger

Reaction score
That base looks pretty darn clean and unused to be a legite pontilled med. It still is a cool looking bottle but don't pay to much if you like it!

capsoda

Reaction score
Every thing about it is wrong except the lip and pontil. The embossing is just a little too crooked and the shape isn't right.

WD is right though. Nice looking bottle if you are into repros it would be a goodern.

bearswede

Reaction score
I guess, technically, it would be considered a fantasy bottle since it doesn't represent any bottle that was actually produced for use in the 19th century...

Ron

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That pontil mark doesnt look quite right, looks like it may be part of the mold.
I agree the overall form doesnt look 'right'.
I guess the real question is who made it. Hopefully its not a new trend from India.
I'll try to research it some.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem