At least one state gets it....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

An old friend of mine that was murdering in prison years ago once told me that drugs and alcohol just bring out what we really are inside.[:(]

A marriage counselor once told me that in reference to my ex-husband. Yep, it's the truth.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I rarely drink anymore. 1/2 a can of beer and I'm feeling it. I have a bottle of Elmo Pio from my birthday, though... maybe I'll drink tonight and chat with you folks. [:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well c'mon Kate.. what are you waiting for.. let's meet the real Kate... [8|][>:]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I’m torn on this issue. One part of me doesn’t like the idea of the government having the right to drug test anyone mainly because they won’t stop with the welfare folks. However, on the other hand I question exactly how many rights that individuals whose very existence is subsidized by the Government should have.

Let me explain what I mean. The military is a voluntary government organization in which for their services the recruits trade a certain portion of their rights for the government providing food, lodging, and healthcare to them. The Government considers them government property, and thus they have to live according to the rules that are imposed upon them, one of which includes drug tests with an individual present to be sure that the pee is your own. If you do not pass then you are punished, usually by Article 15 (that’s a fine folks), and ultimately explosion from the military if you continue this activity.

Now we have another voluntary group, they had to seek out the benefits, which also come to the Government for their food, lodging, and healthcare, but balk when the same types of controls are suggested for their particular group. Should a group who provides no service in return for their benefits have more rights than a group who actively protect our country? This is the question which plagues me when it comes to drug testing entitlement recipients. Frankly I have no easy answer for this as I believe we should help those who are truly in need; however, we also have to realize that there are people who will never voluntarily change or endeavor to get off of entitlements so long as there is no responsibility put on them to do so.

Either way we have a permanent growing welfare class in this country, sooner or later we are going to have to deal with it, because at some point in the future the non-productive will outstrip their productive cash sources and all will starve.

liightfoote

Reaction score
If you have NOTHING to hide, then why not take the test. If I needed welfare, I would have no problem with a test. If you are using MY monies(Taxes), I want it better spent. I have witnessed the abuse of the system and have even reported same.....the reply from the State......none of my business. Those opposing the law must know druggies on welfare or could care less about abuse of the system. All civil servants are subject to random testing. These people are getting wages from the government. SO, if welfare people are getting monies from the government, I want them tested too. If you are an honest person the test will prove it. If you fight the testing, I am suspicious. Ooops! Liberals won't get votes from welfare people, if these same people lose their free money! Sorry bleeding hearts. Try a bandage not my money.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Those opposing the law must know druggies on welfare or could care less about abuse of the system

Cant argue with Joe McCarthy logic... all my druggy friends on welfare will be very sad[;)]
How you gonna feel when they tell you you have to take a p_i_s_s test before you can buy another gun?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

An old friend of mine that was murdering in prison years ago once told me that drugs and alcohol just bring out what we really are inside.[:(]

I have to disagree Rock
"quitting drugs and alcohol brings out what we really are inside".Doing them covers up the real person.
Trust me I know first hand [:D] sane as a clock full of kookoos[8D]

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Privycheese aka Baltodigger, you are almost, almost but not quite as good at insults as Lobey.  

Luar, I will take that as a compliment. To be named in the same sentence with Lobes is quite lofty for me....

Eric, I guess I missed something....I thought I did read every post.... I just didnt see how his sons medical needs had anything to do with the thread. Cant wait to see moms purse collection.....some purses are very valuable.

Rick, I can always count on you to bring humor to any post...good job my man!

Morbs....Morbs....Morbs....The voice of reason. Eloquence at its best. These soliders risk their lives and still have to take a drug test.

Matt, I have to agree with you, I admit I didnt look at it that way. I am more against big goverment then someone using entitlements illegally. I also agree with the notion of someone having to take a drug test to purchase a gun. But there again I guess we are dealing with the same issue. I am going to not try and open another can of worms with the whole gun issue. But for the record 99% of serial killers do not use guns. 911 teroorist didnt use one single gun. And no I am not a gun enthusiast.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960