At least one state gets it....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Eric, I guess I missed something....I thought I did read every post.... I just didnt see how his sons medical needs had anything to do with the thread. Cant wait to see moms purse collection.....some purses are very valuable.

..please tell me you do it on purpose..! [:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Cant argue with Joe McCarthy logic... all my druggy friends on welfare will be very sad
How you gonna feel when they tell you you have to take a p_i_s_s test before you can buy another gun?
Zanti Misfits....'DO NOT INVADE OUR PRIVACY'!

D3159311B1D042F89174E9992A4DA766.jpg

Attachments

• D3159311B1D042F89174E9992A4DA766.jpg
    D3159311B1D042F89174E9992A4DA766.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 58

liightfoote

Reaction score
I think drug testing is a good idea for a gun purchase. We just had a kid killed here and the shooter admitted to have been smoking pot. From what I see, I may be the only one that is drug free. Sad state of affairs for the USA.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's like the 1970's all over again.. but this time we can tweet about it.. [8|]

Penn Digger

Reaction score
PA has pending legislation right now to test those on public assistance who have been convicted of previous drug crimes only. I think it should be for everyone on public assistance. If most working folks who foot the bill for those on assistance can be randomly tested, why shouldn't those who get free money for no work?

Had a drug bust here a couple or years back, 17 arrested and more than half were on some form of assistance.

Don't get me wrong, I truly believe that some people do deserve short term assistance. From what I see the majority of people on assistance/welfare find it an entitlement or way of life. If it was good enough for ma and pa, gramma...3rd and 4th generation welfare recipients who double as baby farmers. The more babies they have the more money they get. They should also work on some sort of legislation to the tune of - If you are on assistance and can't provide for the kids you already have then you will not receive any more free money for any future children you have while on assistance.

There is little incentive for those in the welfare rut to seek anything else. Free money, sleep in as long as you want, food card, rent and utility abatements, free medical (even dental),even down payments for a car....

What ever happened to "Workfare?" How about mandatory job training or community service?

Sorry, but I have very strong feeling about welfare abuse and SSI disability for alcoholics, drug addicts, people who can't stop eating, can't read, can't spell.... Our town makes up 18% of the county's population but has over 90% off the public housing here because the assistance office is here. Again, sorry for the rant.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Welfare and drugs

I know a local guy here who is on welfare and by the way admittedly uses some drugs occasionally. He gets very excited in January every year about how much money he will be getting back from his tax return. This does happen! How can people with no source of income other than welfare get an income tax return check? Child credit perhaps? More of the working folks money.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Welfare and drugs

You hit the nail square on Tom...What about the old timers who are prolly spinning in their graves? The oil driller who was on the rig up on "Music mountain" when the gusher came in during the 30's,...he was knocked off the rig by the force of the oil,...struck a tree and broke his leg, but finished out the work day?....OR your pal Mike's father who drove his wheelchair to work a remarkable distance EVERY day for 20 years,...rain or shine,... or snow! Or countless other 'working poor' of former generations who were "too poor to paint, but too proud to whitewash" People are so coddled now that it's become ridiculous.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
RE: Welfare and drugs

I think a lot this problem stems from a general reduction of pride and ambition in today's world. Top that off with the allegation of "drugs being more socially acceptable."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960