Beach: No Digging Necessary

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
I didn't think there would be any more bottle finds this weekend, but I was wrong!
On a small beach (if it can be called that) near a boating club, I spotted bits of sea glass. But I looked closer, and some of them were embossed! This started a search of the entire beach. Whole bottles were rare, but there were many soda cans. The beer cans were either too damaged to save or faded into white.
One of the first cans I got, is shown below. My digging partner John was climbing a steep hill in search of cans when I heard a rustling noise and something came flying onto the beach. It took me a minute to realize what it was, and then I yelled out "Oh my god, it's a CONE!" I. Found. A. Conetop. Beer. Can. But then I realized, this can is so fragile it wouldn't survive a rainstorm. I have another thread asking how to clean it, please help me out.
This thread is where I will show pictures of everything, and my attempts to clean the cans.
Yes, I know this is a bottle forum, but the bottles are not that exciting. A couple 1980s beers, a green whisky, and a handful of interesting shards. Here is the cone:

563373DC069C4B3DAD7A4DCEB22FE417.jpg

Attachments

• 563373DC069C4B3DAD7A4DCEB22FE417.jpg
    563373DC069C4B3DAD7A4DCEB22FE417.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 42

Picklejar

Reaction score
Cool finds I'm trying to get out tomorrow to search a creek. I would say that that cone top is beyond practical restoration. But if you want to a least bring up the appearance of the metal and prevent further oxidization, hit it up with a healthy dose of wd-40. This will clean, preserve and protect the metal. I would presume that the original finish is completey gone, but the can itself is neat looking, like a mini milk can or something. Lemme know how it turns out, if you guys score more goodies! --Joe

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
We might go back tomorrow for another search. I have not tried to clean the cans yet, I am waiting for help from The Rusty Bunch. If you want to check out my can collection, my username is The Can Kid. (I am April's son, just don't have my own email.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles