Been meaning to post all week! a few random things.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Here's a close up of the small green embossed (What I thought was a druggist) Geez,..."RICIN!" and I had decided to scrub it out a little bit for the pic, before I read the embossing... I better toss that bottle brush...nice looking little bottle.

I would imagine this is (or should be) considered a poison?

They are classified as poisons. I dont think the products was sold as a poison though. Probably a castor oil laxative.
Probably could kill you if you drank too much, thus the green warning color.
Dont think i have see an ad for it. If anyone knows more please post it.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Barn foundation "corners" and flywheel from old engine....there was also quite a lot of horse or oxen harness pieces and old leather...

8C0B2A72AAED4D8C9B9B429764E934FC.jpg

That fly wheel would make a good pulley for pullin privy buckets [:)]
cool lookin foundation. diger up

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Here's a close up of the small green embossed (What I thought was a druggist) Geez,..."RICIN!"[:'(] and I had decided to scrub it out a little bit for the pic, before I read the embossing... [;)] I better toss that bottle brush...nice looking little bottle.

I would imagine this is (or should be) considered a poison?

38E97A176C394A80B9DF4E535D6268CA.jpg

Nice RICIN Joe,yep that stuff will kill ya
I dug the large one at the river dump and the small one at the Jordan dump,love these bottles

A9BAC94A9D344EB787EE1576814221C4.jpg

Attachments

• A9BAC94A9D344EB787EE1576814221C4.jpg
    A9BAC94A9D344EB787EE1576814221C4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 39

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Very cool that you dug two different sizes of them at two different dumps Rick...I like that shade of green,...the oval panel for the embossing, and the peaked 'arch' above the oval panel...That plus the crazy (by our time standard) embossing make them a pretty cool bottle, and they're a poison to boot!

808 50th State

Reaction score
Hey Joe: Looks like you and Penn Digger had a great time scouting and finding future places to dig...Scouting can be fun especially if something good turns out... That area sure looks really old, it always makes me wonder what was going on during that time and how it all ended up being abandon...Like those bottles that was found in the antique store, nice looking flask and green medicine bottle, that 3rd bluish green bottle in the group picture does it have any kind of embossing, I dug a very similar bottle that had embossing (LUNDBORG NEW YORK)...aloha Earl

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Very cool that you dug two different sizes of them at two different dumps Rick...I like that shade of green,...the oval panel for the embossing, and the peaked 'arch' above the oval panel...That plus the crazy (by our time standard) embossing make them a pretty cool bottle, and they're a poison to boot!

Yeah they have a color all there own.

rockbot

Reaction score

I meant to post this early last week, but was too busy to do so...This is just the briefest of posts about last weekend, Penn Digger and I took off looking for a spot with some promise...We have at least two good possibles,..one is 2 hours distant and the other is an old privy/well/cistern that is filled in to seven feet right now, but the homeowner found blobtops in it before gradually filling it in. Until the water table lowers we can't get in there to dig. We drove to a neighboring town to probe some of Penn's mothers rental propertys for a privy...no luck but the tenant's dog had been digging up glass in an old brick planter built onto the carriage house..that glass was too recent for us...We then drove to an old cellar hole I had explored a few years ago....We found broken aqua inks, mason lids and aqua blob necks in the creek near the house but couldn't find their origin. We did find a few oddities, but my camera had lost it's battery charge by then. We found a milk glass goblet that was complete. A ceramic elephant (not so complete)[:D]..I also found a rose decorated saucer, A half of a 24' mill stone, and a few other oddities. Here are a few random pics...(Also the cellar was so well constructed that you could literally rebuild upon it... )
Here's a rare Penn Digger sighting.[;)]

06457280B08645579D6F47D178A42C08.jpg

Good to see you and Tom out and about. Hows Tom? haven't seen him on the forum.
I like that bigfoot pic you had of him awhile back![:D]
That old foundation is in great shape. Who owns the land?

ajohn

Reaction score

62D1354414AA4E9EA51BAB9493478CAF.jpg

From a mason's point of view those walls were done by a master.The stone almost looks cut.Masons were well thought of folks back then,but now we're just "construction workers"[&o]
I love seeing stuf like this,Thanks for posting Joe.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Rockbot Tony,

I am doing just fine, just been very busy the last few months dealing with stress and changes in my life. Glad that digging season seems to have finally returned. Went to the Rochester bottle show toady with Joe and had a great time getting some great deals on some awesome bottles. We drove through snow/hail on the way back late this afternoon though.

PD
[align=left] [/align]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause