Been meaning to post all week! a few random things.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tftfan

Reaction score
Nice find . Luv them old building spots. Cool to find the old roads in the woods too. Good luck , nice pic ups too. Thanks for the pics.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

There's gotta be a privy there somewhere,any indications of old poop holes/wells?

Yeah but the privy there would be no good.They had all that woods around them to dump trash,why fill up the crapper so they have to clean it out more often.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Joe ,glad the stopper fit .Those stoppers may have been used on more than one bottle type because i found no evidence of that bottle type in the dump these came from . Sorry i did not still have the other stoppers but i know i reburied some when i find some more i will send them.
Great foundation shot ! [:)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: 808 50th State

Hey Joe: Looks like you and Penn Digger had a great time scouting and finding future places to dig...Scouting can be fun especially if something good turns out... That area sure looks really old, it always makes me wonder what was going on during that time and how it all ended up being abandon...Like those bottles that was found in the antique store, nice looking flask and green medicine bottle, that 3rd bluish green bottle in the group picture does it have any kind of embossing, I dug a very similar bottle that had embossing (LUNDBORG NEW YORK)...aloha Earl

Thank you Earl!...Nope,...no embossing except "W.T. & Co" on the bottom....great color though! Aloha!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Digswithstick

Joe ,glad the stopper fit .Those stoppers may have been used on more than one bottle type because i found no evidence of that bottle type in the dump these came from . Sorry i did not still have the other stoppers but i know i reburied some when i find some more i will send them.
Great foundation shot ! [:)]

Thanks for the great little care package Rick!! Just happy to have you send me one...always appreciated.
m6.gif

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ajohn

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

62D1354414AA4E9EA51BAB9493478CAF.jpg

From a mason's point of view those walls were done by a master.The stone almost looks cut.Masons were well thought of folks back then,but now we're just "construction workers"[&o]
I love seeing stuf like this,Thanks for posting Joe.

You bet ajohn....I'm in full agreement with that statement to a point,...but ,nah, you're pretty talented from the pics of your work I've seen,...I know some that are just "construction workers". You've got talent and take pride in your work. I always marvel at the quality of most things old and pre-technology too.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Here's a close up of the small green embossed (What I thought was a druggist) Geez,..."RICIN!"[:'(] and I had decided to scrub it out a little bit for the pic, before I read the embossing... [;)] I better toss that bottle brush...nice looking little bottle.

I would imagine this is (or should be) considered a poison?

38E97A176C394A80B9DF4E535D6268CA.jpg

I believe all the RICIN bottles are KR-90s. Embossing varies a bit. I have 2 sizes listed (3 1/2" and 5 5/8") Price, historically, $100 - $200 on a good day. These days, someone less, but I don't see them come up for auction so I couldn't give you any current pricing.

madman

Reaction score
HEY JOE GREAT PIX ! LOVE YER POSTS, LOOKS LIKE A FUN ADVENTURE! OH AND OFCOURSE THE NICE BOTTLES!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

There's gotta be a privy there somewhere,any indications of old poop holes/wells?

Yeah but the privy there would be no good.They had all that woods around them to dump trash,why fill up the crapper so they have to clean it out more often.

RICK,

So perfectly true, only makes sense.

PD

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie