Before and after pictures.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
I'm that newbie that was mentioned above. I don't understand why you would clean/tumble (assuming similar to rock tumbling) an antique bottle. What draws me to them is the beautiful antique patina on the bottles. Isn't the value diminished by cleaning them up?
Welcome aboard Rbeukema.

Some nice bottles you have there.
I would guess its your personal view of how you like your bottles to look.
I have always liked my bottles stain free but until I built a tumbler I couldn't get them that way. I believe they are worth more sparkling clean but that's just me.
Either way welcome. Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm that newbie that was mentioned above. I don't understand why you would clean/tumble (assuming similar to rock tumbling) an antique bottle. What draws me to them is the beautiful antique patina on the bottles. Isn't the value diminished by cleaning them up?

SO, If your at a bottle show in your area & you see a local bottle you always wanted, 2 of them side by side on table for the same price $20.00 & one was dug out of a dump & is all scratched up & so cloudy & dirty you can't see light through it & can barely read it because it's so sick/stained looking. And the one next to it was found in a old lady's attic of 1870's house & is mint like new. Which one would you buy??

Reactions: Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Let's just say those that are of Rbeukema's opinion are in the minority. I do like his use of that antique wardrobe top for his display. Maybe more controversial would be Merle's painting of the embossment ;) ...

hemihampton

Reaction score
I do like the untumbled prehistoric look of my 1870's Kling. LEON.
PKlingPeninsular.JPG

Merle

Reaction score
To be honest since I’ve finished tumbling my personal shelves I’ve gotten lazy and haven’t gotten back around to painting the bottles. I’m gonna have to build another room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
To be honest since I’ve finished tumbling my personal shelves I’ve gotten lazy and haven’t gotten back around to painting the bottles. I’m gonna have to build another room
Indeed you are ....... Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1