Beginner!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jcoll98

Reaction score
I live up here on the east side of town. I find this hobbie interesting and am curious to get started. I watched afew videos of what to look for and how to probe the area. I actually think I have a privy in my yard. Just looking for any tips, info. , and would like to witness a dig to see what its all about. I found this website by searching on yahoo and think it is very informative. Some of my questions were already answered just by reading the forums.

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jcoll98

I live up here on the east side of town. I find this hobbie interesting and am curious to get started. I watched afew videos of what to look for and how to probe the area. I actually think I have a privy in my yard. Just looking for any tips, info. , and would like to witness a dig to see what its all about. I found this website by searching on yahoo and think it is very informative. Some of my questions were already answered just by reading the forums.
you DON'T EVER dig a privy by yourself!!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Depends on the privy. I've dug out dozens by myself. A six footer can easily be dug and filled in just a few hours. It is a Good idea to have someone there with you to keep an eye on everything up top, but they don't Have to be a digger. NEVER get into a privy alone without someone knowing exactly where you are, what you're doing and when to expect you back.

privvydigger

Reaction score
dont tie your shoes tight, i dig with slip offs, also we carry a sophisticated first aid kit I can stitch you, set a leg, close a sucking chest wound, intabate/bag shock you, IV fluids and operate if necessary, i wouldn't want to but hey.
Also each year we bury a team member up to his neck and time how fast we dig him out. he has to sit indian style with a huge rock on his lap. we throw dirt in his face up his nose....ya know make it real

baltbottles

Reaction score
Also each year we bury a team member up to his neck and time how fast we dig him out. he has to sit indian style with a huge rock on his lap. we throw dirt in his face up his nose....ya know make it real

I'd hate to be the team member that has to go through that.

Chris

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: baltbottles

I'd hate to be the team member that has to go through that.

Chris

LOL! I guess it is a good idea to be prepared, but isn't there another way? That team member should get first pick after the dig!

Stardust

Reaction score
That would be c@@l to see on video ~ [:D] Got any ?

Stardust

Reaction score
Also, welcome BEGINNER, may you always be safe digging in this hobby, as well as everyone else here! AMEN ~ [;)]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday