blob top graveyard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
all the blobs were broke except 1 [8|]

100_0837.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0836.jpg

The dump was approx. 10 yards x 25 yards. it was in between a road and a creek tributary. across from the dump is old foundations. i have videos if anybody cares, they can email me.

The names on most of the blobs was JJ Steinhilber Flushing, Pa. There were other blobs (about 10 different philly blobs, but more than one name) and two different Camden, NJ Blobs. It was still fun.

capsoda

Reaction score
Oh Man, What a bummer. Are there any in the water or maybe burried. I found a soda bottle dump like that a few years ago. Thousands of bottles purposely broken and only a half dozen survivers. Makes you want cry.[X(]

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
there were some in the water, but they turned out to be broke too. i think they might be broke from the tributary rising and freezing. this dump had NO pottery. it did have 3 or 4 clam shells.

card

Reaction score
Keep trying, Matt. I am sure there is a keeper there somewhere!

IRISH

Reaction score
Damn [:mad:] , at least you got one complete one out of it.

I know what it feels like to dig a heap of nice broken stuff, dug a hole a few years ago with about two hundred broken Seedman, Maldon (Vic. Aust.) codd's plus a few others, Seedman's are very hard to get and some of the variations in there where extremly rare but not one complete [:eek:] .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I remember looking around a rock pile in an old pasture. All around it were boken flasks. pickles etc. and most of the stuff was pontilled. I can just see a father saying "boys, take out the trash". What a way to make a chore fun, throw-smash. I'm sure they weren't thinking about making me cry 150 years later.
A now we recycle with nearly the same outcome. No good bottles to find 150 years from now. At least whoever won't find all the shards and and walk home with that pain of what if.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
i know what it feels like to pull out broken deep purple pontils even with 3 years of digging behind me. broken onions ond ladies legs are a given on construstion sites, but to dig a 4 foot deep trench just to find 3 good pontils is a tough hobby.

all this talk, and i wanna dig.

i think im gonna go explore on this rainy saturday. ill have some pics of my adventure tonight! can everyone deal with the suspence?

lacolobiger

Reaction score
do any of them have embossing? If so they would make great drinking glasses!!

thats enough to make a grown man weap!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles