bloocksom bros druggist

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Well well well........CRAIG,
You said small world. I said tiny world. Maybe I should have said, smaller than tiny world.
Anyway, I have 16 listings for this "Blocksom" in my 1989 Ohio Bottle Book. One variation is IP and three others are listed as OP (open pontil). Please write again exactly what is on each panel (embossing) and the overall size so that I can narrow it down.
The prices above are way off from these in the book, but it's about 15 years difference. I haven't checked your other posts yet, it's late and I still have a ton of work to do here at the desk. I'll check later and definately will talk to you soon and catch up on things.

It may be me, but this looks like a chamfered (spelling?) corner on this bottle rather than 8 sided.

craigc90

Reaction score
Thanks for the research info good hearing from you. Been a long time.[:D]
front of bottle embossed BLOCKSOM.BROs. one side embossed DRUGGISTS and the other side embossed ZANESVILLE O .
The bottle is 6and1/8 tall 1and7/8wide 1and1/4 deep
Thanks[:)] talk to you later

slimdigger

Reaction score
The bottle referenced by Brian that sold in a 1988 Glassworks Auction for $44 could very possibly be the same bottle. It would be safe to say that the bottle could be valued at $100 or more in the right crowd. Nice bottle. Open Pontiled bottles are getting very hard to find. Iron Pontiled Medicines as a general rule seem to bring more at auction . Slimdigger

P.S. Most books and collectors would consider your bottle to be an eight sided bottle.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Craig,
I'm sorry, but the listings in this book are very limited on info. and quite confusing. They are all about the same. Keep an eye on eBay for current value, under Ohio bottles. Then again, it may not come up for a while. Either way, I don't think you're getting rid of it. I wouldn't. I would return and dig the daylights out of that site. Did you find it close to home? Were there any other of this type, whole or broken, in the area? I'll bring this book on my next trip up there, but it may be a while before I get up there. I have to visit my brother Jon in Jersey next road trip and I don't see that coming up any time soon. When I do, we'll need to hook up and do some digging. I am also trying to make some shows up that way this year. One is in Washington, Pa. and I'm trying to find out if there's still a club in Steubenville or a show at all. There used to be one, way back when the Hoola Hoop was invented [:D].
This is definately the place for bottle Q and A, but some take a bit of time to narrow down. Right now I can't tell you anything about your other finds in question. Hopefully, someone will know something soon. Email me (on my site) when you need help or heading this way (VA) and I'll shoot you my number and such.

craigc90

Reaction score
I found that bottle at my old house it is an 1850's post and beam dug what I think was the privey it was full of broken crocks no bottles.That bottle was hid in the summer kitchen Thats why it is so clean. I know there is more there and I will be going back soon. The house is empty now the people I sold it to couldn't make the payments and lost it. The bank owns it now.I need to get back there and do some digging befor someone buys it.That is the only one I have with a pontil. Everytime I dig up a pontiled bottle its broke.We found a new dump to dig the day befor Thanksgiving we were there for 10 mins. and had 2 crocks and 2 slugplate milk bottles and an Embalmers Supply Co. bottle and a screw top Standard oil bottle an ohio company embossed. We were soaked it was pouring down rain. next week after deer season is over we are going back . I had another crock half uncovered when we left an early Ohio stoneware color. The dump is about 1/4 mile outside of an early town founded 1815 half of the dump goes under a township road. We probably wont get to dig the best part because its under the middle of the road.[:(]. You get back up this way I will take you digging. I was told there is a bottle show every year at Sally Buffalo park in Cadiz Ohio. Cant find out anything about yet. If there is a show in Washington Pa. Let me know when and where I want to go.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a show in Cadiz. I think it was this fall. You might want to join the Ohio Bottle Club, based in Wadsworth, Ohio. Even if you can't make the meetings, you get a monthly newsletter. Also, we have a book called "Ohio Bottles" which lists every known Ohio bottle, crock, or jug and its value. The 2004 edition is supposed to come out soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris