Blue Milk Bottle ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

imukdiver

Reaction score
Alright you see them all the time. The reproductions of milk bottles in cobalt, but this troubles me. Are or were there any REAL cobalt milks ever made ? I've searched this site and many others to no avail. Anyboby know?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
First there were no blue milks, then there were blue milks, and then there weren't.. [;)] I have no idea, but now I need to know too...

rockbot

Reaction score
I've never seen milks in anything but clear around here. Does milks come in other colors?

Rocky

imukdiver

Reaction score
I don't think they come in any color but clear. At least I have never found one. The reason I ask is that I often see reproductions in a lite pink or deep cobalt. The cobalt being the most popular, and was wondering if any " real " ones were out there .

waskey

Reaction score
Im not exactly sure but i beleive i saw a real cobalt milk on ebay once that sold for around $500 from either new york or pennsylvania. I know there are real amber, green, and of course the extremely rare royal ruby milk bottles from anchor hocking

surfaceone

Reaction score
I think Henry has it right. Never dug anything but one amber milk, me ownself. Would like to see a green.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The Liberty Milk Company of Buffalo, NY... I still can't figure out if they made originals in cobalt, but blue repros from that company are out there http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/cobalt-blue-liberty-milk-bottle-buffalo-ny-w-the

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS