Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Bottle Identification

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
Hi, welcome.
They all look around the 1930's, the first a cosmetic type (hair, skin, aftershave, cologne etc.). The next two are food type, olives or something. The third is a medicine. WE-LI-KA was "Pure Sweet Spirit Nitre, U. S. P. Alcohol 90%"; (carton) "Packed by Witsell Bros. Mfg. Co., Memphis, Tenn."

hunterhart0726

Dec 28, 2015
I appreciate the reply cowseatmaize. Do you know the value of these WE-LI-KA bottles? Also I found these two types of ampoules this morning and they are all full of fluid The smaller ones on the left have a rod of some type suspended in the solution. I was curious if you or anyone else knew what they were. Thanks again

Attachments

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
I would say the We-Li-Ka is the best find out of the ones you showed us. We-Li-Ka was a vanilla extract bottle. Here is a thread I did on Waw-Waw and We-Li-Ka bottles.
-> LINK

hunterhart0726

Dec 28, 2015
Do we know what the small ampoules are though? also we have found a few poison bottles attached below and several others I will try to take pictures of. Any ideas on the poison bottles?

Attachments

Goodman

Dec 16, 2015
Shreveport La.
About 20 years ago my cousin dug a few hundred of the ampoules on the right. He had one tested and it was morphine. They were found behind a vet's 1940's house place. Be careful with those.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pyro.insulators