Brannon

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jcrlanger

Reaction score
This is another from the pre-1910 dump Gary and myself are working. The bottom has a faded '1080' or '0801'. Not sure if it deals with mold, date, or both.

l_a5a8d2a5913e4ea8b2545069f68250c2.jpg

The full engraving says "BRANNON - CARBONATING CO. - CHARLOTTE, N.C."

l_13c9d2d977654d868204dab08cedafbe.jpg

I had a difficult time taking the picture because the bottle was protected by a large sheet of metal. Just so happens that the peice of metal protecting it also rusted on it.[:-] At least I got the bottle in one peice[:D]

John

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Sorry, sould of asked if anyone else has more information on this. Last listing for the company I had was 1907. They were sued prior to 1905 as there case went before the NC Supreme Court in1905. Not sure if the court costs did them in.

John

ncbred

Reaction score
Nice bottle! Haven't seen that one before. Have you dug up any C. Vaeler's yet from Charlotte? I'm looking a C. Vaeler Mint Cola. I have the ladys leg slugplate, just need the one with the embossing on the shoulder.

Keep posting your finds. I enjoy seeing new NC sodas I haven't seen before.

ncbred

Reaction score
The lawsuit could have very well caused them to go under. I assume they were a small bottling co. because I have never heard of them. If they were found liable for the explosion of the soda water boiler that caused a death that probably would have been more than what they could overcome financially.

Barkeepers Friend a little water and a toothbrush will take the rust stains right off.

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Actually they were cleared of any wrongdoing in the accident. I'm just thinking the pressure of having Pepsi and Coke in the same town put them under.

As far as your Mint Cola, found one broke in the woods one day. Was a true heartbreak. It was so close when I saw that base sticking up from the ground, then sigh![&o]

Awe well, I'm sure we'll find more.

Thanks for the response
John

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Well guess what? About 30 feet away from the first Brannon I got my second. Guess it pays to be in the Charlotte dump [;)]

l_c0abcef81f5440608b1b305e8d28cd19.jpg

l_cb2779fb00484ec5bf143842401a18d9.jpg

The place I found this one is a bit more friendly to the glass as it has a sand layer under the ash so hopefully it will produce much more.

John

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Upon more research this may be a very rare bottle. The only web site that had this mentioned did not even say there was a collector that had even one. Just that it was verified that they existed. So the big question, has anyone seen or does anyone have a Brannon Carbonating Co bottle in their collection? These are a mold crown top aqua.

Thanks
John

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski