Can anyone ID this bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BluesBus

Reaction score
Hello-

I am rather new to bottle collecting and was wondering if anyone could identify this bottle for me?? Thanks to anyone who can help!

The pictures make the green look lighter than it is.

IMG_4772.JPG

IMG_4773.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Don't know what you have for sure but I did notice that you have the multiple picture thing figured out on your 1st post. I am still trying to figure it out after being on here for a few years.

epackage

Reaction score
Could be an original or remake from the 1970's of a Jamestown Glass bottle, others here will know better than me, Goggle Jamestown Glass and see....
Jim

Celtics22

Reaction score
Its is definitely no an American and there something about the seal that makes me think it is a repro from the picture you cant tell if there is any ware.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Imagecave? [8|]

Nice bottle.. doesn't seem like a repro to me, but that isn't saying much.. looks early to mid 1800's, American or British.. to me, but that ain't saying much.. welcome to the forum, ..hop on the bus, Gus!

epackage

Reaction score
The original was found full of wine in Jamestown dating it to the 1680's, they did repro's which they show now on the website, this is the second one here in the last 2 months

BluesBus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

Don't know what you have for sure but I did notice that you have the multiple picture thing figured out on your 1st post. I am still trying to figure it out after being on here for a few years.

I use a guitar forum that has the same format so that helped with the pictures! The bottle looks to be rather old with some wear on the bottom. I bought it at a yard sale a while back and showed to a collector recently and they seemed pretty excited about it and wanted to buy it.

I did a google search today before I posted the pictures for "green wine bottle" and came across the Jamestown bottles and noticed they look similar to mine other than the seals are different. I thought it was "old" when I first found it which is the reason I bought it...but that does not mean much.

Thanks to those who replied.

epackage

Reaction score
Hi Blues, if it's an original you have a true treasure so make sure to keep checking this forum, there are some really knowledgable people here. Don't sell it until someone who knows for sure sees.....
Jim

BluesBus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Hi Blues, if it's an original you have a true treasure so make sure to keep checking this forum, there are some really knowledgable people here. Don't sell it until someone who knows for sure sees.....
Jim
Thanks for the help! The collector that saw it was thinking it was mid 1800's or earlier so I figure I had better research it.

photolitherland

Reaction score
I would have to say this is original probably 1820-1840. The repro Jamestown stuff is not as crude and has no bubbles in it like this piece. Usually if its a repro its not done to such historically accurate detail.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers