Cannon ball in the electrolosis cleaner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
Is there any thing marked on the top, the patina looks good, if it is peorid it's not military, civilian. Most units used paper cartridges and did not have a use for the powder flask.

privvydigger

Reaction score
doesn't appear to have anything but one area looks like something but the patina is covering it. I almost took a brush to it but caught myself. I thought it would go nice with the cannonball. It seems like hammered copper

cc6pack

Reaction score
For future reference dont clean anything except for iron objects, CW or not. The spout looks like someone has monkeyed with it? and you are missing a screw.

privvydigger

Reaction score
I see your from Ga.
I recently sold a hutch to a guy down there and this past weekend picked up a rare or hard to find cure from Jug Tavern, Ga. Its on the eBay now

cc6pack

Reaction score
From around Atlanta Ga. and collect Pat. Meds from Atlanta and some from the Southeast. Try to get as many related to Pemberton or Candler. I have some newspaper ads from Candler and Pemberton from the mid 1880's when they were in the drug business, about the time Pemberton sold the formula for Coca Cola. I'll see if I can find the link I posted of one of the ads.

cc6pack

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the posts, the Bush bottles are collectable around here, don't know a lot about the varients.

privvydigger

Reaction score
Ok this morning one of the battery charger clips was eaten away. I pulled it and washed and rinsed, gave it a vinegar bath, scraped and wire brushed, and this is the finish product. I don't think another dip will do anything. The inside cleaned out pretty good. I rubbed it down with WD-40 and took these pics. I'm going to have to decide whether to paint it which it looks like might display better by cc6packs picks.
Overall learning the whole cleaning the relic process was great. Everyone here is great....digging is great.....but it glass i'm after and its glass I'll have matty.....

3C023FCFEB6C43D5800D3D56F3D07FD3.jpg

Attachments

• 3C023FCFEB6C43D5800D3D56F3D07FD3.jpg
    3C023FCFEB6C43D5800D3D56F3D07FD3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 47

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member