Civil war?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The south had great generals but dont forget where they were trained.

The war between the states just shows you what happens when you try to make a country bilingual, never works[:)]

bottlemania

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the War Of Northern Aggression, and also likes music, there's a double CD available at Amazon.com you should definitely check out. One cd is called, "White Mansions" the other is called, "The Legend Of Jesse James." They are historically accurate concept albums. You could also call them, "country rock operas." The music is country or, more accurately, Southern rock. Some pretty heavy hitters play on both. Johnny Cash plays Frank James, Levon Helm plays Jesse James. Eric Clapton plays guitar on White Mansions. Charlie Daniels plays Cole Younger of the James/Younger gang. Emmilou Harris and Rosanne Cash too. Both are from a decidedly Southern perspective. There is a nice "background" section for both cds that tells what was going on at the time. If you like history, They're AWESOME. BTW, what happened to the South after the war at the hands of the Union Army is sort of "glossed over" to this day in the North. At least it was where I went to school in the 'burbs of Chicago. Thats probably why someone described the North's victory as a "buttkicking" instead of as the dishonorable campaign of revenge and murder that it became after the surrender occurred. Like, seriously, if they havn't studied this topic outside the public schools, they don't know! Just my two cents worth.
Paul

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
See what digging bottles does to us, well I will talk for my self, I hated History in school, now I go to the library to look up crazy chit [:-] and like it. Rick

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
WE were protecting our right to leave if we dont like the way things are going, (just as the USA did with england i might add) and THEY is the northern folks who didnt like that we could make our own decisions and came marching down here like they owned the place

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
the peaceful process of Reconstruction

you obviously dont know anything about reconstruction, finantially it was one of the worst times for the south surpassed only by the Great Depression,

and what would have happened if the USA didnt pick up and leave when we didnt like the way the game was going while we were part of england?

you cant say we did wrong when you were guilty of the same less than 100 years earlier

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
the south did it to keep an endless supply of free labor.

yet another falsehood slavery was only a small part of something much bigger, money is what was driving the fight, imposing tariffs so that it was cheaper to import cotton from other countries than it was to buy it from right here, in effect forcing us to lower our prices in order to survive

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS