Cleaning water stains out of inside?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
What's the best way to clean out old water and iridescent stains from the insides of bottles? Thanks.

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
There aren't any rust stains, just those iridescent water stains. Would bar keepers friend and rice be enough? Could a person use copper bb's, or would they scratch the glass? Thanks.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Jeff , I started using the bar keepers too. But I use an electric drill and strips of scouring pad on a homemade wire. It works well for light stains. I think I read about it in one of Hemihampton's post. Mitch

hemihampton

Reaction score
goodman1966 said:
Jeff , I started using the bar keepers too. But I use an electric drill and strips of scouring pad on a homemade wire. It works well for light stains. I think I read about it in one of Hemihampton's post. Mitch

NO, Your probably thinking of IBLACKVELVETS Thread. Wonder what happened to him? He has not posted in 6 months but last logged into this site less then a hour ago? Anyways, Heres a link below to his thread. LEON.https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/It-works-for-me-cleaning-bottles-m604612.aspx?high=DRILL+CLEANING

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
I read that post before. My problem is, it's on a pepsi peanut bottle so I don't think the drill would reach all the areas. The outside of the bottle is near mint, so just want to shine up the inside. No dirt, no rust, just some like hard water stains and iridescent stains. When I fill the bottle with water, they disappear. - Jeff

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello Leon And Pepsi collector, The drill method will work for your bottle. If you have any questions you can PM me. And thanks Leon hope your doing great !!

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
lblackvelvet, are you out there? :) Are you guys talking about steel wool?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey