Corset waisted small cologne / perfume

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Was just wondering how common these are? It's like a miniature corset waisted scroll almost - but without the scroll design. Brian
corset_bottle.jpg

KentOhio

Reaction score
Hi Brian, that's a pretty uncommon perfume bottle, from between 1830 and 1850. Because of the design, and the glass being so thin, most I've seen have holes or cracks in the shoulder area. McKearin's book has pictures of it in cobalt and in amber, and those colors are extremely rare for these. Yours I would imagine is worth around $150.
P.S. check your private messages.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Huh, two Brians, cool. I'd just like to point out to the second Brian (kent) that the actual one is a couple pages back. (109, top, 3) I think. Not to be too picky and I certainly mean no offence, OK?

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Which McKearin book? I didn't see it in the two I have. - American Glass, Two Hundred Years of American Glass.

Hey Kent, Ohio - Are you in the Ohio Bottle Club? Your name is familiar.
I did get your email......

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That would be American Bottles & Flasks and their Ancestry. AKA the "Bible of bottle collecting" for the US.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Nice cologne akronmarbles and Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net -
These actually sell in the $85 area, in the past year or two. Just like most colognes and scents (bottles in general) are listed in books and guides a great deal higher, they sell at online auctions (eBay) a bit lower. This one can go over $100 at times 'cause it is sometimes considered part of the scroll flask family.

I'd be interested in it, if you put it up for sale. [:)]

KentOhio

Reaction score
Hi Brian, Yeah, I'm in the Ohio Bottle Club. It's been a while, but I think at one meeting, maybe a December one, we got introduced and talked a little about that marble making machine you bought.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles