Darling river finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Found a new site yesterday, not a great day but found a few pontilled blacks. It took a long time to find the exact spot as there is no evidence on the bank. Will head back as soon as I can to do some serious diving as it appears to be pretty early.

Fd92449.jpg

Attachments

• Fd92449.jpg
    Fd92449.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 63

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Those are some nice "old" bottles you found there...I have been digging a late 1800's dump and only wish I could dig a few nice old pontiled ales like those! NICE!

IRISH

Reaction score
looks like it's got good potential for some nice goldfields bottles there. How deep is the water there? that spot looks fairly typical of a lot of our inland rivers.

You need to metal detect that pubsite [;)] .

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Irish, the water is up to 5 metres deep in the water hole. The pubsite ison private property and I dont have permission to dig "still working on it". This is the spot I will find my Thistle Whisky[;)]. I found several broken goldfield pickles and oils. The sediment is up to 600mm deep so it will be hard work.

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Wayne,

In places I do but more often than not there is nothing on the banks. Believe it or not these rivers do run at the top of the bank at times and this tends to wash the bottles down.

The land above the high water mark is private property and it is hard to get permission.

John

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
When I look for bottles a lot of time is spent in the library or study doing research. Here is a copy of a map I found showing the new site I am looking at. There was a lot of buildings on these station properties in the 1800s- lot buildings=lot of people=lot of bottles.

Xv63294.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63294.jpg
    Xv63294.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Xv63294.jpg
    Xv63294.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 65

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Nice glass, aussiebottlo. Gotta love that river divin'. Find me a Kangaroo Whiskey from Sydney. will 'ya? After 5 yrs of searching I lost out on the last one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology