DIGGER ODELL HAS PASSED AWAY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

midwestdigger

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you have heard but John Odell better known as Digger Odell lost his battle with lung cancer a couple days ago. He was a great friendly person. He contributed much knowledge to the hobby as I'm sure many of you have a copy of one of his books laying around. The bottle hobby has lost a true legend. You can read his obituary at http://www.muellerparker.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1297199&fh_id=10916

delphinis

Reaction score
Very sad news. I don't have any of his books but I've been to and enjoyed his website a number of times.

Anthony

creeper71

Reaction score
this is the first time I heard about it... He was a good person... I talked alot an made some deals with him at the Baltimore shows...

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
That is sad news to hear about. When I first got into this hobby in the year 2000, I read and re-read his website tips and facts all the time.
My condolences to his family and close friends.
His contribution to the bottle collecting world won't be forgotten.

Doug in Oakland

lexdigger

Reaction score
I never met the man, but he taught me a lot (second hand) about privy digging. One of the older diggers I know here in town bought his book Years ago and still uses much of the knowledge he got from it in his digs. It may be safe to say that he paved the way for modern privy diggers such as ourselves. Would Love to have his books... even more so now!

cadburys

Reaction score
Sad news. I met him at the National Show in St Louis a few years ago when he first (?) started collecting bottles with 'Blood' written on them. Like it has already been mentioned he contributed SO much to the hobby of bottle collecting. No doubt there will be a large article of him in the next bottle AB&GC magazine.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
WOW,JUST HEARD THIS VERY VERY SAD NEWS.I HAD MET MR. ODELL AND THIS GUY WAS A DELIGHT TO TALK TO AND JUST A FLAT OUT NICE GUY.WHAT A HIT THIS WILL HAVE ON OUR HOBBY HE IS A TRUE LEGEND IN THIS BOTTLE COLLECTING COMMUNITY. I AM TRULY SADDENED. BADGER

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: THE BADGER

WOW,JUST HEARD THIS VERY VERY SAD NEWS.I HAD MET MR. ODELL AND THIS GUY WAS A DELIGHT TO TALK TO AND JUST A FLAT OUT NICE GUY.WHAT A HIT THIS WILL HAVE ON OUR HOBBY HE IS A TRUE LEGEND IN THIS BOTTLE COLLECTING COMMUNITY. I AM TRULY SADDENED. BADGER
you are 100% correct about everything you said.. I just like to added he had a good memory an rememered people an usually what books they already bought..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter