Does the 'Painted Soda Bottle Collectors Association' still exist?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sodadood

Reaction score
I've seen information about this group for a while... I'm considering joining, if for no other reason than to network with other soda collectors. Does this group still exist? I don't want to pay $25 and then get nothing for my money.

Can anyone confirm that it's still up and running? Any members out there?

Thanks,
Blair

DONT44

Reaction score
I was also wondering what was the best acl club to join. I read the same information you read but have not join for like reasons.

digdug

Reaction score
I am a member, but don't know exactly what is going on with the Club at the moment. Only one person was doing the newsletter and dues and memberships, Kathy Hopson. I knew she had health issues last year and was unable to do any club related things for awhile. Then, I heard she got better, we received a newsletter, then nothing. The last time she posted anything here was in May of 2009. I would hold off joining. I've written letters and sent emails to Kathy and have had no reply. I will keep poking around and see if I can find out anything and let everyone know.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Last night I spoke w/ a feller who was working on a book, and Kathy had been doing a lot of the work w//for him.

For a long while he said he had been unable to get in touch w/ her ect. ect.. I told him several other people had been doing the same and got the same. No reply.

Then the other week she sends him back all his materials. While discussing it at our meeting last night he said "She had gone off in another direction" he didn't explain further what he meant by that.

After the meeting while we spoke he said he had no clue as to what was going on w/ her. I ask if he thought the PSBCA was dead and he said he thought so. As far as the new ACL book he said Marc should move on w/ it and........ While we were talking others came up and the subjects changed quick, you know how that goes.

So really I know nothing,but I'll say that the PSBCA/The Soda Fizz under Kathys leadership is dead. Anyone disagree?

Blair check you new subscribers. Dec. 21 to be exact.

Gotta go pick up supper.

bottlingco

Reaction score
I also have had the same problem. I have been unable to reach her for many months. Then there was a very weird post on this forum under her name that said she had called and talked to my son many times, and wanted to know why I said I couldn't contact her. The reason this is weird is that I have never been married or had a son, and she knows that. So, I think something is definitely wrong.
Kathy has the money for many people's ACL book, including mine. I hope we hear something soon. I strongly urge all club members to try to contact her. If that doesn't work, maybe contacting the former club president for advice on how to proceed would be a good idea. If anyone hears anything, please let all of us know. bottlingco

T D

Reaction score
Hey Sodadood and DonT44, hang around this catagory, and you'll pick up acl stuff fairly regular.

I was thinking of renewing my membership in the PSBCA, but I won't now because of the unusual things that have been going on surrounding it. I'm trying to be careful and not attack anyone personally, but from some of the things I have heard surrounding all of the many hats that Kathy has worn over the years in the bottle world, the PSBCA is not the first to get their feathers ruffled. I have seen her several years in the past at shows, but have never met her personally. She is extremely knowledgeble, and has treated me extremely well the one time I had problem with an issue of the Soda Fizz, but these last stunts concerning people's money, and all the stuff about the new book, the name calling on this forum, etc.,
has me seriously worried about the future of the Soda Fizz, the PSBCA, and the new book. I went back and read her last posts and it almost seems like there were two different people posting at different times. Not too long before her last posts, she sounded excited about the possibility of having an all soda and soda "go withs" show here in the S. E. If anyone knows anything about the situation, please let us know, there are alot of people that are affected by this, and please if anyone knows what the deal is with Kathy, let the members know.

The last ACL book really got me interested in collecting again, I hope the new edition can become a reality SOON!

celerycola

Reaction score
Someone should call a meeting next month at the Columbia Bottle Show to talk about the future of the book and the club.

Maybe after the show closes Friday evening at 6 pm.

acls

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way I can make it to the SC show. I do think the dialogue of moving forward with PSBCA needs to start so if there's a chance to get it started I think you guys should go for it.

From what I understand from Kathy's messages on this board she had a stroke. I hope she is ok.

acls

Reaction score
Was anything discussed about the PSBCA at the Coulmbia show?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey