Doll heads and parts??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Powerhead

Reaction score
Recently, we’ve (Conch Times – Jay & I) been very fortunate to come across an almost unbelievable amount of bottles & other things from one of Key West’s oldest, most notorious dump sites. We are finding stuff from Pre-Civil War to the early 1900’s.

I’ve been picking up anything that isn’t dirt, rock or wood. So I have, among other things about ½ a 5 gal bucket of ceramic doll parts so far. I didn’t think much about them until a friend said, “People collect these things like crazy!†So, I’m just trying to see if anyone on here is either interested in them or can point me in the right direction.

Any info will be appreciated.

Rick

1863E7006AC74B3394F8B52BA4B7A7F7.jpg

Attachments

• 1863E7006AC74B3394F8B52BA4B7A7F7.jpg
    1863E7006AC74B3394F8B52BA4B7A7F7.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 66

Powerhead

Reaction score
No one Knows nothin'??

Figured I'd at least get someone asking about the bottles in the background.

Thanks anyways.

epackage

Reaction score
Alot of diggers find them and keep them, but I don't know anyone who specifically collects them. Not sure what else to tell you..

Powerhead

Reaction score
That's cool.

As many people who frequent this site I figured if anyone knew they'd tell me.

No biggie.

Thanks for the reply.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

I'm one of those diggers that has a bucket of doll heads, and parts, too.

I've never looked to see if any are saleable. You do get extra points for the blond dolls' heads, though. Boy dolls are way scarcer than girls, in my experience.

I really like fiinding doll parts, myself, though some folks find the later ones creepy. I've got some plans for incorporating some of them in future "arty" projects...

624033.jpg

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hey Rick and Surface. Dolls' heads plus arms & legs are very saleable ! If you can't sell them, ship'em over here! I cannot supply enough. I have collectors who re-construct dolls, making the leather or cloth bodies themselves.
I don't know if you get these, but these are "bonnet dolls":
Kimberleydolls2.jpg

and here are some more, with some made up dolls. These are from a collector in Kimberley. The dump there was one of the best in SA for dolls' heads.

Kimberleydolls3.jpg

Powerhead

Reaction score
I do have a good amount of pieces.

An Ebay search comes up with some pretty good prices for each part. Quite a bit per piece.

When I get them all out of the buckets I'll put up some pics.

By The Way, How did you get to post more than 1 picture on a single post???

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Powerhead

You need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket, you then click the "image" button above this box as many times as you want to add different photos like this...

You then get the "Link Code" for each image and insert them between like this...

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

Your link codes may have
at the beginning and end, you need to delete them, only
work on this forum....Jim

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: Powerhead

You need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket, you then click the "image" button above this box as many times as you want to add different photos like this...

You then get the "Link Code" for each image and insert them between like this...

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

your link code here

Your link codes may have
at the beginning and end, you need to delete them, only
work on this forum....Jim

Hey you guys,

I'm wondering why these helpful hints on the photo front are not up there in the "Help - Using the Forum" department. [8D]

Though, I believe the system upload protocol is better archivally for the A-BN. If you remodel or move photobucket photos, it breaks the link here, and photos depixelate here in a nonce.

6161979975_5afbc69553_o.jpg

But meanwhile, I went to doll parts-r-us @ eplace, and saw some but was caught flatfooted by this baby Curly Howard head.

Of the handful of pages I scanned, I'd guess less that 3% was of 19th century dug parts. I also found this instructional advice:

"Okay Folks, I may have listings up on eBay, I list dolls, doll clothes and doll furniture, and some other stuff, click on my eBay ID above!!

Dump Doll Parts

Lost children finding their way home. You really have to have a strong desire to go to some of the dungeons of the earth where lost dolls reside. If you are looking for old doll parts, look in old dumps.

Old outhouses. In large cities trash was burned in the back yard as late as the 1950's......areas around where the trash can stood sometimes yield lost dolls and doll parts.

But, I have forded the dumps of ghost towns for dump doll parts! Sounds easy, huh? You just wear your scroungiest clothing, layer for the weather if it is cold. Haul a shovel and a bag for your treasures.

And most important......high top boots in case the snakes are out searching too. Bet I lost a bunch of you that time..." From.

002_e.jpg
From.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday