Don't make out like RICK PERRY IS A CHEAPSKATE!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

blah blah, this is general chat where we have been told we can discuss things that happen in the real world not just bottle world, blah blah, get a life whiners!

The politics aren't so bad,...but I can't stomach the sneering contempt, such as you've so aptly demonstrated here. Get some manners and decency, eh?

Let's see we have individuals who decide to to post pictures of cute kittens, walruses, and other assorted idiocy aside from whining about what people want to talk about, and when someone says anything about it, THEY are the ones who have no manners or decency.

The reason I may sound contemptuous is that the same people do the exact same thing, again and again and again and again, whenever someone posts a tread that threatens their happy little world. And I've explained my points over and over again, that is why I cut it short this time, because I've made the arguments until I'm blue in the face, but the self appointed post police can't seem to grasp the simple concept of "If you don't like what's being posted in a certain thread, then don't read it."

Maybe I should go around and complain when stupid things are posted like three headed Praying Mantises. I don't because I respect their right to discuss what they want to discuss no matter how useless I find their threads, all I've ever asked is to receive the same respect, but they will have none of that.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
You folks put me in a pickle with these type of threads, ya know.. now that I seem to be the only mod watching this forum.. and I have a day job, mind you.. it's hard to decide whether just to delete these things as soon as it gets contentious or to let them run their course.. I prefer a laissez-faire style, let you gentlemen and ladies work it out and keep your own scorecards.. but then I think of the unwitting passers-by through our forum realm and what opinions they might come away with.. we look like a troop of commentators going at it on a Yahoo news article.. at best.. [8|]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I had my fun with the last 9 page thread of political discussion. I realized a lot of people don't enjoy seeing dissent, even if it remains civil like in that thread. I think most people would rather see pictures of cute kittens and walruses than a bunch of bottle collectors at each others' throats. I enjoy a good discussion now and then, but for others' sake, I know when not to respond violently...

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

You folks put me in a pickle with these type of threads, ya know.. now that I seem to be the only mod watching this forum.. and I have a day job, mind you.. it's hard to decide whether just to delete these things as soon as it gets contentious or to let them run their course.. I prefer a laissez-faire style, let you gentlemen and ladies work it out and keep your own scorecards.. but then I think of the unwitting passers-by through our forum realm and what opinions they might come away with.. we look like a troop of commentators going at it on a Yahoo news article.. at best.. [8|]
let em' run their course...........we all get burnt out eventually[8|][;)] ...........do you mind if i ask a ?...........in looking through some of the older threads i saw a moderater called Whiskeyman..........what happened to him??

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I had my fun with the last 9 page thread of political discussion. I realized a lot of people don't enjoy seeing dissent, even if it remains civil like in that thread. I think most people would rather see pictures of cute kittens and walruses than a bunch of bottle collectors at each others' throats. I enjoy a good discussion now and then, but for others' sake, I know when not to respond violently...

Hey Wheel, I enjoy our political rants and most everyone has some good points. I look forward to more in the future![;)]

I see the democrats have a few ideas bouncing around . One is changing the social security tax. Currently we tax payers pay the same rate up to gross incomes
of $105,000. Anything over that is taxed at a lower rate. They want to increase that rate for income over $105,000. Not a bad idea.

I would like to see if raising the tax on wealthy ever works its self out. I've been hearing that one for 40 years. I know some wealthy people on both sides of the aisle and well when push comes to shove... well we'll see.[;)]

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Since I so insanely started this..and LORD KNOWS BY NOW Know better...PLEASE PUT IT OUT OF IT'S MISERY!!

The only point meant to make and ain't very good at it was MR.Perry seemed to say he would sell out but not cheap...I am well aware that all heve sold out both sides and both usually get money from the same big corperations and they all should have to wear a shirt like race car drivers telling who sponsers them,but they don't make shirts that big...SO JUST MAKE THIS GO POOF WITH YOUR MAGICAL MAGIC![8D]JAMES

surfaceone

Reaction score
they all should have to wear a shirt like race car drivers telling who sponsers them

Good thought, Jamie,

obama-sponsors-ge-google-msnbc-microsoft-ap-associated-press-bailout-stimulus-golf-sad-hill-news.jpg

the-bleeder100.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen