Don't make out like RICK PERRY IS A CHEAPSKATE!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hey Jamie... are you sure you want me to delete this thread? Nobody is breaking any rules, really.. a few images might be copyright protected is all, no serious infractions, no official complaints as of yet.. when it comes to political topics, there are no two people who will see eye to eye on everything. That's why it becomes divisive. But that's also what makes for greatness, the ability to disagree on this and that and stay unified nevertheless.
I'm sure there will be more threads like this, especially since election season is ramping up, so rather than delete a thread at the slightest hint of disagreement, I'd rather just remind everyone again that we are all here of our own volition, and we are not forced to read or contribute to any post, so just be civilized with each other and enjoy the forum, all of you, each according to his or her unique perspective.. !

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

But that's also what makes for greatness, the ability to disagree on this and that and stay unified nevertheless.

I couldn't agree more. Well put Charlie. I enjoy poking fun and getting poked now and then. People got to have thicker skin. This PC world we live in
has everyone so jumpy.
I don't live in a bubble. I have friends from all walks of life. Rich, poor, smart, stupid, gay, stoners, racists, left, right etc. That is what makes life challenging,
you gotta love it![:D]

I think as long as we talk about it in a some what respectful manner, its all good!

My grandpa once told.. " boy, not all things in life are fair, get used to it "

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I agree with ya rockbot, but he still is a cheapskate, complaining about the slow response to his states fires by fema, at the same time sayin stuff like send the feds home, and get out of our business, ya cant have it both ways Perry my boy!!!!
ORIGINAL: rockbot

But that's also what makes for greatness, the ability to disagree on this and that and stay unified nevertheless.

I couldn't agree more. Well put Charlie. I enjoy poking fun and getting poked now and then. People got to have thicker skin. This PC world we live in
has everyone so jumpy.
I don't live in a bubble. I have friends from all walks of life. Rich, poor, smart, stupid, gay, stoners, racists, left, right etc. That is what makes life challenging,

I think as long as we talk about it in a some what respectful manner, its all good!

rockbot

Reaction score
True.

ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

I agree with ya rockbot, but he still is a cheapskate, complaining about the slow response to his states fires by fema, at the same time sayin stuff like send the feds home, and get out of our business, ya cant have it both ways Perry my boy!!!!
ORIGINAL: rockbot

has everyone so jumpy.

glass man

Reaction score
Well I guess I have made my thread and will lay in it...What ever you think best Charlie man..

Mean while I'll get on my knees and pray.."WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN"...That whould make a groovey song title and line..NAW![8D] JIMMY JAMES

glass man

Reaction score

Hey Jamie... are you sure you want me to delete this thread? Nobody is breaking any rules, really.. a few images might be copyright protected is all, no serious infractions, no official complaints as of yet.. when it comes to political topics, there are no two people who will see eye to eye on everything. That's why it becomes divisive. But that's also what makes for greatness, the ability to disagree on this and that and stay unified nevertheless.
I'm sure there will be more threads like this, especially since election season is ramping up, so rather than delete a thread at the slightest hint of disagreement, I'd rather just remind everyone again that we are all here of our own volition, and we are not forced to read or contribute to any post, so just be civilized with each other and enjoy the forum, all of you, each according to his or her unique perspective.. !

"CIVILILIZED".. US???? I now AM OFFENDED!!![:D][8D][:)] JAMIE

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Don't put your faith in politicians, they'll disappoint you every time.

As for disaster relief, we can't keep depending upon the government to bail us out of every situation. There was a huge uproar around my area when President Obama, and he was the final decider on this particular item, sided with fema in not giving disaster relief to Virginia after the tornado that hit Abingdon, Chilhowie, Glade Spring, and Pulaski, VA, while giving funds to Greene County Tennessee just down the road for the same storm. Many suspect that political bias was involved, because it was Virginia who first filed suit regarding the constitutionality of Obamacare, and or the fact that Republican Governor McDonnell is over our state, ousting now Democratic Party higher up Tim Kaine. I don't know, but I'm sure President Obama had his reasons for denying the funds, but it certainly doesn't look good. As I remembered the the uproar over Bush's slow response to Katrina, one quote came to mind, "President Bush don't like black people" which was the most idiotic thing I had heard during that. So I modified it and decided to use it as the joke it is, "President Obama don't like Hillbillies.". LOL!

I dare say though that President Obama won't be getting many votes from the good folks of Glade Springs, or most of Washington County VA after this snub.

glass man

Reaction score
"THERE'S BAD LINES BEING DRAWN..NOBODY'S RIGHT IF EVERYBODYS WRONG..PEOPLE MARCHING AND CARRYING SIGNS MOSTLY SAY HURRAH FOR OUR SIDE!! BETTER STOP HEY WHATS THAT SOUND EVERYBODY LOOK WHATS GOING DOWN!!

FAIR?What is fair...one side is always right no matter what..cause they mostly represent what you believe? The end justifies the end?No give or take what so ever? That ain't being fair that is walking through life with blinders on! JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

they all should have to wear a shirt like race car drivers telling who sponsers them

Good thought, Jamie,

obama-sponsors-ge-google-msnbc-microsoft-ap-associated-press-bailout-stimulus-golf-sad-hill-news.jpg

the-bleeder100.jpg

As Ronnie regan once said to Jimmy "peanut"Carter.."Well there you go again"![:)] Surf..once again you come up one sided..no pics. of any REPUBLICANS with a shirt on with ads???JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen