Drugstore dig finale!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Joe, Laur, Tom and Fred, Way to go on saving a lot of local history from permanent oblivion. Some of my favorite items in my collection are ones that would now be under pavement or buildings if not for some timely digging. An ugly "redevelopment" project in the late 1960s wiped out about three blocks of Lewistown's early business district. I hate to think what is under there [:mad:], but it's good to be able to save what we can when we can.

Joe, it looks like you have an extra set of keys now [:D]. Knock on wood, I have never lost a set of keys. My cousin threw his in the river once, they flew out of his hand when he started his boat motor. He never got them back, either, and I'm sure they are not the only set of keys in that river. ~Jim

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Of course the "Glyco-Heroin" was broken,.....as was the amazing (I don't even know what color blue to call it) pharmacy bottle neck that fred dug....[;)]

B6151EA218C9474C8BE418788DE127F8.jpg

Attachments

• B6151EA218C9474C8BE418788DE127F8.jpg
    B6151EA218C9474C8BE418788DE127F8.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 41

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
The rest of my finds from today,...a cool little paint bottle, a different varient of the drugstore we've been diggings bottle, and an odd tri-cornered clear med, with no embossing.....

A4D8B8AF9FB14627BF904F8471F4E60F.jpg

Attachments

• A4D8B8AF9FB14627BF904F8471F4E60F.jpg
    A4D8B8AF9FB14627BF904F8471F4E60F.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 42

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Oh, and since the camera jammed for our scouting mission (would have been some great pics)...Here's the bird Fred and I spotted,...a "Scarlet Tananger"...very cool and thanks everybody for looking and tagging along for the tail of an awesome dig.... Perhaps I'll get to add Fred and Tom's finds, once they're cleaned up.

BF530C38C5F745C59E6656438455D632.jpg

Attachments

• BF530C38C5F745C59E6656438455D632.jpg
    BF530C38C5F745C59E6656438455D632.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 39

Wangan

Reaction score
Ill be waiting to see what else might be found...Tom said they will be filling in Tuesday,that gives you guys 2 more days![:D][;)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wangan

That cop must have been some hot in that navy blue uniform! Way to go on the keys Joe! Im surprised you didnt have the metal detector fella lookin for em.[;)]

Tim,...we actually had to send the guy with the metal detector away, with contact info for the owners, as we had the before mentioned uninvited diggin' dude there that wouldn't leave, and we were on thin ice w/ our permission anyhow....Also, Tom and I borrowed a detector way back when those keys went missing, and it sounded like a freakin' video arcade under there, there was sooooo much iron pipe and other metals.....[sm=lol.gif]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jim

Joe, Laur, Tom and Fred, Way to go on saving a lot of local history from permanent oblivion. Some of my favorite items in my collection are ones that would now be under pavement or buildings if not for some timely digging. An ugly "redevelopment" project in the late 1960s wiped out about three blocks of Lewistown's early business district. I hate to think what is under there [:mad:], but it's good to be able to save what we can when we can.

Joe, it looks like you have an extra set of keys now [:D]. Knock on wood, I have never lost a set of keys. My cousin threw his in the river once, they flew out of his hand when he started his boat motor. He never got them back, either, and I'm sure they are not the only set of keys in that river. ~Jim

Jim,...thanks for your always kind words....we all agree with your philosophy of saving our local history! Believe me too, when I say that I had pretty much forgotten the keys, and stared at them stupidly for a moment when I saw them hanging out of the bank of dirt,...LoL

Wangan

Reaction score
Oh well,you got your keys back anyway,like Jim said ,an extra set.I never give it a thought about all the other metal.
The way the old fart acted,no wonder hes been kicked out of everywhere.[>:] Its not so much the horning in on the action,but I would be wild if I got kicked out because of someone elses ignorance.
This has been one of the better dig stories as far as anticipation goes.I really thought you guys would find tons of bottles,esp. local druggists.Still, some cool glass and great memories with friends is awful hard to beat.Still two more days,right?right? You couldnt have covered every inch! [:D][:D][:D]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday