ebay first???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Now, I've dealt with some pretty nice bottle sellers on ebay... Those willing to send your bottle as soon as they receive your check, even a personal check as long as you have decent feedback...

Well, this time I received the bottle before the seller could possibly have received payment!!! An ebay first for me... Granted, the bottle did not cost a lot, but this kind of thing restores my faith in folks... Even after that horrendous ripoff with the Masonic flask last year...

Ron

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I had Drakes1862 send a scroll flask before the check!. It blows you away how some folks are down to earth and trusting and well you know the other ones!! Taz

Rockfish

Reaction score
Hey Guys, March 18, 2005
I've been trading on eBAY SINCE 1998, no problems until this MONTH!
I won two bids from a gem dealer in Bangkok. (Florite and Topaz for Chakra work) Anyway, I had to send a money order beacause i DON'T TRUST PAYPAL, never have.
A month later I get an E-mail saying they have not received payment. SO, I'm out some cash, and I won't see anything from MS. Veena of Admiregems!

I have been really upset over this, as now I guess I will be the one with a bad mark.
I have learned my lesson...If they won't take a check and wait for it to clear, I won't bid!
For those of you that have not had any bad experiances, it is sad, but just a matter of time I am afraid.
Just had to vent. Thanks for the outlet here with the ebay posts .
I saw a digger's site that has an auction...Check it out. I don't know anything about it other than the link :)
www.privydigger.com uses BID-IT. Anyone tried this site?

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Ron and Taz -
It's great to hear positive things about eBay and trusting transactions. It seems that everywhere I go, most people have something bad to say about an auction or two. I've sent items out the same day the check arrives and cashed them a week or more later (a bit of laziness, I suppose). Some might send the item out just because it is the only time that they have time to ship it and have other obligations in the coming days. Either way, there is some good out there and it's always good to be part of it...I think[:D].

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I have been very lucky on ebay ! I haven't had any problems to date " knock on wood " . But , I usually stick with the bottle categories on ebay , and I have found that most " bottle people " are very honest and trustworthy. I here of quite a few auction troubles on ebay in the other categories. Brian

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've sent things before getting a check. I don't have a problem in most cases, hey, they're trusting me not to take the money and run. Most people use paypal though.

bearswede

Reaction score
My beef with paypal is, when you use a credit/debit card, they put a limit on... When you reach the limit, they want your bank account # and routing numbers... Since I have a debit card, it comes right out of my checking account anyway... So I complain to them, they don't NEED my routing numbers... But it all falls on deaf ears... Just like when I tried to get them to apply their "so-called" buyer's guarantee when a guy refused to reimburse me when I sent his broken piece of crap back to him...He wound up with both the flask (which he probably glued back together and sold to some other sucka') AND my money!!!!

Do I sound bitter...?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've got worse from them. In the business account if you buy something and it doesn't work out, the refund gets charged just as if it were a sale (30¢ =2.9%), at least if the funding was from their balance or a bank account. It happened a few times so I opened a personal account and buy with a credit card. My refund with that was in full.

pookinator

Reaction score
I have sold items and bought items on ebay. One time I did not get the merchandise. To be fair it was around Christmas time and ebay said it was shipped. I never spend very much on ebay so If something does happen I won't be out much money.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I've been on Ebay selling and buying for 5 years...had only one bad experience. Bought a Hunter/Fisherman calabash from a fellow in NY....Was supposed to be damage free...When it got here, I saw two pings on the side....Contacted the seller and he said send it back for a refund...I sent it back.
Time passed...I inquired where is my refund. No answer.....I emailed him again and again....weeks passed. Finally, "his son" came back and said the seller was in the hospital. More time passed. Too late to leave feedback....
Numerous more attempts later: seller finally says he's sending the refund.... Never got it.
I went through Square Trade (which is a farce)...Seller agreed to refund 1/2 of my money and ship the calabash to me also...
Never happened...I was out $120.00. Last time I looked, the guy was still selling.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1