Eggnog Pancake Recipe

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I broke down and got eggnog yesterday...just had to. And, I have been craving pancakes for several weeks now. So the wife thought it would be a good idea to make these. We see them as a holiday special on the IHOP commercials, so what the hey....

Got the recipe from A Taste Of Home magazine entry.

Ingredients 2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups eggnog
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
[*]In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
[*] Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
[*]Yield: 1 dozen. [*]Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.

Our notes here. We thought it would be like "eating eggnog" with that rich flavor it has. It's not. It's a background flavor rather than a primary bold flavor. We use fresh ground nutmeg (it's the best) and our flour is southern White Lilly light flour. The badder when made per instructions is rather thick, almost like dough. Kind of hard to poor and shape the pancakes, but they rise thick and fluffy. We had the dial at 4 to 4 1/2 on the stove, any higher and they get too brown on the outside before the middle is done. OR, you can add some milk to the batch to thin it out to a more usable badder. They don't' rise as much, they are a little more dense, but they are moist and awesome.

Stardust

Reaction score
They all look good. Thanks for posting both of you. I want pancakes right now. Two bad we all just went down for a midnight snack and just missed this. : ( , but there's always tomorrow morning. : ).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter