famous people we've all met

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

EDD746991F6A4804896694C8B35AB2A7.jpg

Attachments

• EDD746991F6A4804896694C8B35AB2A7.jpg
    EDD746991F6A4804896694C8B35AB2A7.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 60

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Wow this is really weird! Rock after I read your post I started watching the "Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. And who happened to be a guest star on the show?/ yep you got it a young Dennis Hopper. funny [:D]

5623B7A7503E455BBF7DCF4F4D3B8E4A.jpg

No color tv in your neck of the woods Rick??[8D]

coreya

Reaction score
Ah the 60's and 70's what memories ? well what I can remember about that time, I worked for a music company in miami that rented and sold equiptment to the recording studios and concerts and muscians that came through. Met numerous artists in the early days ie Alice Cooper (only drank beer at the studio, no drugs), Santana (great group), Stones (only at the studio and under great secrecy) Edgar Winter group (really strange), Cream, etc.
Had to spend 3 days at a festival backstage with equiptment that was being used (don't remember much about that) and was able to attend concerts about every other week! Also met Jacki Gleason for those who can remember when television was funny. Those were the days!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Wow this is really weird! Rock after I read your post I started watching the "Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. And who happened to be a guest star on the show?/ yep you got it a young Dennis Hopper. funny [:D]

No color tv in your neck of the woods Rick??[8D]

That's old school TV [:D]

epackage

Reaction score
That's old school TV [:D]
THIS is Old School TV...[;)]

A8C1D744A2ED493686E4A7E134006151.jpg

Attachments

• A8C1D744A2ED493686E4A7E134006151.jpg
    A8C1D744A2ED493686E4A7E134006151.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 59

rockbot

Reaction score
Cool Ric. Darn old Chuck looks like a giant. Always thought he made the toughest looking cowboy.

rockbot

Reaction score
Awesome Corey! I remember old Jacki. Too funny. Santana is a great group, still is.

ORIGINAL: coreya

Ah the 60's and 70's what memories ? well what I can remember about that time, I worked for a music company in miami that rented and sold equiptment to the recording studios and concerts and muscians that came through. Met numerous artists in the early days ie Alice Cooper (only drank beer at the studio, no drugs), Santana (great group), Stones (only at the studio and under great secrecy) Edgar Winter group (really strange), Cream, etc.
Had to spend 3 days at a festival backstage with equiptment that was being used (don't remember much about that) and was able to attend concerts about every other week! Also met Jacki Gleason for those who can remember when television was funny. Those were the days!

epackage

Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to meet and hang out with Tawny Kitaen at a Ranger's hockey game, many of the NJ Devils at our shore house and local bars, 5 or 6 of the actors from the Soprano's including a great party at the house the Tony(James Gandolfini) owned on the show and Uncle Floyd who's a local tv Legend. Met alot of celebs while working with my buddy who's a farrier in NYC including P-Diddy & Mace, Diane Sawyer, Laurence Fishburne ad his wife Hajna. We worked on the horses for two movies and met Hugh Jackman(Kate & Leopold), Woody Harrelson & Keifer Sutherland(The Cowboy Way)...

Luckily I was involved in boxing early on in life and grew up going to Lenny Shaw's gym and got to know the Lou Duva very well along with my friends uncle Ace Marotta being the cut man for many great fighters including Evander Holyfield. Spent many nights after big fights partying like animals with those guys... Ace was the first and only cut man ever inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame. Also got to know Willie Randolph because his daughter dances with my buddies niece, so we have hung out at hif place in Frankling Lakes many times, he likes to show off his trophy room and his World Series rings everytime we are there. North Jersey is a real hotbed for meeting famous people, sadly some of the 'famous' folks are often buttholes from reality shows like Real Housewives of NJ. I know everyone on the show and the only person I like is Al Manzo, the rest of them make me and many others around here sick to our stomachs with their antics.

SAbottles

Reaction score
Only claim to fame in this line was meeting Michael Jackson (briefly). We were in a bookshop in the Waterfront when we heard a commotion. Next thing Michael Jackson & his entourage were in the shop - the owner gave him one of my wife's books (on Cape Town Street Children ~ not sure in retrospect how suitable that was !!) We said hi (No, he didn't say "I love you" !) He mumbled something and off he went . Fame ? I don't think so ! [:-]

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Hi All, While I was working for Mr. Al Boscov in Wilkes Barre Pa. I was fortunate to be the chef for the stars appearing at the Kirby Center. I would get the contracts from the Kirby center and cooked for and served great people like Harry Bellefonte and his Carribean touring group, Gloria Estafan and Miami Sound Machine, Tony Bennett, Chuck Mangione and many others. I was sung to by one star who did wonderful renditions of early blues singers, she sang "My Kitchen Man" after telling the audience about her supper saying "That Man can put the Vittles on the table" Great fun.....Joe McDonough

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide