famous people we've all met

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cookie

Reaction score
Back in the 1970's I worked at a golf club that had these members.....Jim McKay, Frank Gifford, Dave Marr- all from ABC Sports. I was lucky enough to be the caddy when the club had its 1st woman to play there.....Dinah Shore....a lot of fun and a good golfer. Got to meet the 1980 US Hockey Team during an outing. Benny Goodman was also a member. He only played at the club once or twice a year. He came in the pro shop on a busy Sat. morning and was in the pro shop milling around..he was very quiet and reserved.A guest came up to him and told Mr. Goodman how much he liked his music. He smiled and excused himself and left the pro shop. He came back in a couple minutes later with his clarinet and played a 3 minute solo in front of about 50 people.. members and employees....priceless.

Road Dog

Reaction score
Haven't met alot. I met Dennis Anderson (Grave Digger) just cuz he's a local. Also, met Heather Thomas. She played Jodie on the Fall Guy.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I tried to meet Lenny Kravitz in a bar back in the early eighties. I just wanted say I love the music etc.. Well I did.
What a dick! Total snub! I never even thought of buying anything of his since.
His mom was hot though (no I didn't say that, never got to even mention the Jeffersons).

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Last year at the Bouckville antique show I recognized Mike Zohn from the show 'Oddities' come through, and yes he actually bought some funeral parlor/undertaker stuff! Talking with him he was just a normal, pretty cool guy. Cant be the show is super popular as he said I was the first person to recognize him, lol Prob as close to 'stardom' as I'll get. [:D]

Al

rockbot

Reaction score
How you been John?
My Pops loved Benny Goodman. He always reminded me, " boy, this is real music"! I was listening to Black Sabbath at the time. lol

ORIGINAL: cookie

Back in the 1970's I worked at a golf club that had these members.....Jim McKay, Frank Gifford, Dave Marr- all from ABC Sports. I was lucky enough to be the caddy when the club had its 1st woman to play there.....Dinah Shore....a lot of fun and a good golfer. Got to meet the 1980 US Hockey Team during an outing. Benny Goodman was also a member. He only played at the club once or twice a year. He came in the pro shop on a busy Sat. morning and was in the pro shop milling around..he was very quiet and reserved.A guest came up to him and told Mr. Goodman how much he liked his music. He smiled and excused himself and left the pro shop. He came back in a couple minutes later with his clarinet and played a 3 minute solo in front of about 50 people.. members and employees....priceless.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

How you been John?
My Pops loved Benny Goodman. He always reminded me, " boy, this is real music"! I was listening to Black Sabbath at the time. lol

ORIGINAL: cookie

Could you imagine Ozzy doing that? LOL not at a golf club of course.[:D]

glass man

Reaction score
I met JIMI HENDRIX..he was bout a hundred yards away..so we didn't talk...He did sing to me though!![:)]

rockbot

Reaction score
"There must be some way out of here, " said the joker to the thief, "Thereʻs too much confusion, I canʻt get no relief.
[;)]

ORIGINAL: glass man

I met JIMI HENDRIX..he was bout a hundred yards away..so we didn't talk...He did sing to me though!![:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide