FIRE BOMB! Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ecotramper412

It looks like a dual purpose since the ring it is mounted in has an opening and the metal is not that strong. It definitely was meant to be mounted,but maybe throwing it at the fire was a good backup? The glass is not loose within the mount, but it is easily movable. I could be 100% wrong too though!
No, you're right it's a dual purpose grenade...cool find

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm confident it's carbon tet and while you can throw it it's made to be automatic. It would usually be above a stove in a hotel kitchen or similar setting. They were also hung above boilers etc.. Normal heat was supposed to be tolerated but a grease or other fire would set them off.
That is an interesting shape, most looked like light bulbs.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello ecotramper412; I have four different types of fire bombs for putting out a small area fire. This design is new to me but it is a good find. There are a lot of fire item collectors so eBay should be a good place to list it. It is interesting to let them lay around for a conversation piece. I have a Fire Grenade book up north - so I will look for some information soon. RED Matthews

ecotramper412

Reaction score
I will look for some information soon

Thanks Red! Anything specific would be amazing!

Yes, the shape through me off at first since the majority I have seen (own none) were the bulb shape. The spring trigger gave it away.

I think I'll mount this on the wall in the kitchen for now, but it may end up for sale eventually.

Thanks for the help!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers