Weird old fire extinguisher

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Larry B

Reaction score
Thats a pretty unique peice. Interested in selling it?

Reaction score
No I am not interested in selling it. It has been in my family for a very long time and I intent to keep it that way. Thanks though.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks for showing your old fire grenade. I have collected a lot of them and they all are fascinating. These pictured in this thread are newer versions but there was a period of colonial years where they were a necessary devise in the kitchen. One of my favorites are the white milk glass Fire Dowsers that were made by the Clyde Glass Company in Clyde NY and shipped east and west ont the Erie Canal system in Up state NY.
RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks Red! Do you have any in your collection that look like this? I am trying to get a better idea as to how old it is but all the ones that i have seen are a different shape.

sargetom26

Reaction score
Hello, your item is a fire grenade and I am reasonably sure it is a red comet brand. I have an original box of six, plus one wall mount that released the grenade when the temperature reached a certain point. Unfortunately most red comets did use carbon tetrachloride, which is very bad stuff. You cannot ship them thru the mail due to the potential hazard. I purchased my box of six in an antique store in Bisbee, Arizona, a very old mining town. I am probably going to try and sell them locally due to the problem with shipping. Thanks, Tom.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
There's one of those box-o-grenades for sale at the local antique store here. Were those for the salesman to pack around easier? ~Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers