fleabay screwing its users again.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Inasmuch as I don't want to dignify your comments as to the type of "seller' and ultimately the type of person I am, I still feel compelled to share with the group.
I enjoy getting a bargain as much as the next guy, but I don't beat people up or offer them .50 on a dollar in the process, I am a Capitalist (note the spelling).
Additionally I generally pay top dollar for my bottles and sometimes have paid more than the asking price. Perhaps that's why people come to me with bottles, I am an appreciative individual.
I am not a "for profit" seller parse, generally I only sell the bottles that I don't need but 'have to' purchase in an auction lot order to get the one I want or in the case of that "worthless milk glass barrel", when a mint example comes available as an upgrade. I think it not unreasonable for one to expect to recoup an original investment.
I am done with this.

Have a nice day, Gary

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: milkglassbottles

Inasmuch as I don't want to dignify your comments as to the type of "seller' and ultimately the type of person I am, I still feel compelled to share with the group.
I enjoy getting a bargain as much as the next guy, but I don't beat people up or offer them .50 on a dollar in the process, I am a Capitalist (note the spelling).
Additionally I generally pay top dollar for my bottles and sometimes have paid more than the asking price. Perhaps that's why people come to me with bottles, I am an appreciative individual.
I am not a "for profit" seller parse, generally I only sell the bottles that I don't need but 'have to' purchase in an auction lot order to get the one I want or in the case of that "worthless milk glass barrel", when a mint example comes available as an upgrade. I think it not unreasonable for one to expect to recoup an original investment.
I am done with this.

Have a nice day, Gary

I have thought of many thing that I could say; however, none of them are nice, and I tend to try to be respectful. So I'll just post this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA

It's plain that this bloke won't haggle. LOL!

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
You win, the last word is yours. I'll give you $.99 for it and I'll throw in the barrel as well. Gary

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I think it not unreasonable for one to expect to recoup an original investment.

I agree with this. But it's kinda hard when you admittedly pay MORE then the asking price for a bottle. That's mighty nice of ya, but most people won't pay more then the asking price for ANYTHING. It's the Wal-Mart mindset.
It's my understanding that haggling at shows is expected. Hell, I haggled the people at the Country Buffet the other night. I came in with a buy one get one free coupon, and they tried to screw me. Kids are usually $.99, unless you've got a coupon, then their $6 each. I got em down to $18 for all four of us.[:D]

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Sorry, not my style. $18.00, I can't get an appetizer for that where I dine. Gary

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
My most recent fleaBay sales netted me a wonderful 10 bucks for 4 nice late 19th C trade cards. I'm done with giving away merchandise via that venue. Too much work for too little results. It'll be much easier to simply toss the stuff in the recycling bin.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Sorry, not my style. $18.00, I can't get an appetizer for that where I dine. Gary

If you've got so much money to throw around, why complain about bottle prices? I'm like the other 75% of the country, hard up and broke most of the time. Kids are expensive!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x10xxt6fk

jays emporium

Reaction score
I know most of you on here hate ebay but it is still the best place for me to sell. My other options are to price the bottles and put them in an antique mall, where they sit for months, even if they are priced low. There are few bottle shows here and the ones they have are not well attended. Or put them in an antique auction where they charge 25% commission and maybe 200 people will see them. Or put them in an ebay auction with a low starting bid. Ebay charges 8.75% final value fee + .35 listing fee + 2.9% + .30 paypal fees, altogether that totals about 14% for a $25. item and the whole world gets to see it.
If a bottle sells for less than I paid for it I don't think that is the buyer's fault. It is my mistake for paying too much in the first place. If it was really worth more than it sold for, someone would have bid more. So I'll keep selling on ebay for now.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I actually won't bid on auctions that charge a handling fee. Personally, I think that's ridiculous. There are lots of places you can go to get boxes and boxes of styrofoam peanuts for free. I'm not trying to start a riot here just voicing my opinion. I might pay a buck or two for handling fees if I really wanted the item...MAYBE. I'm getting pretty tired of ebay though. It seems the site always has some type of glitch that messes something up while I'm trying to list an item. Which results in me having to start back at square one. Just like Jay said though it may not be as cheap to sell items on ebay as it once used to be however, it's still fairly decent. I sold most of my Hawaii bottle collection on ebay about 3 months ago raked in $1700 bucks for 25 bottles. Between paypal and ebay the fees totaled to be about 100 bucks. I can't give Hawaii bottles away here in Ohio so I didn't have much of a choice. I'm done rambling though. Hopefully, no one was offended in the process.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4