found some good bottles. help me figure out what they are.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

berkshireguy

Reaction score
I'm a construction worker and while I had to go in the hottest crawl space in the world I soon started discovering awesome items. I have found 3 bottles, 2 in which I believe are very old and in VERN good condition.

One has no seams at all looks to be blown and says reserved just below the neck and one full pint below that and get this, the cork is still in it.

Next is a bottle, does not say it's size but it also says registered and on under that twards the bottom it says: THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD. Cap is a snap down porcilyn top with the rubber still intact. Seam starts at the bottom and stops at the neck

Last Is a whiskey bottle that the back says FULL HALF PUNT. Front still has a label and it reads:
Contents 8 Oz
Nelson blended whiskey
T. Mulcare & Co.
Sole agents for North Adams MA
seam starts at the bottom and goes all the way up but has a circle on the bottom where the seam starts

I'll try to upload pictures

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I allowed this one but the other two were just not ready IMO. Sorry about that but I do hope you return with some pictures.Admin

berkshireguy

Reaction score
If these are sideways I'm sorry for some reason it uploaded that way

11u9e8m.jpg

29yjjoi.jpg

2a6s7k1.jpg

sobuqe.jpg

sn2mbs.jpg

2hmiow9.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Those appear to be nice 1890 - 1920ish bottles in good to great condition. None have a great deal of monetary value other than the labeled one which might have some reasonable value to a collector of bottles from that area. If you just want to sell them you might wait for a response from one of our members who collect such items. Other than the labeled one, I think eBay or such venue would be a waste of your time. If unsuccessful or uninterested in selling them you might start collecting such items. It's a great hobby, I've been doing it for over 50 years. Jim

berkshireguy

Reaction score
Well I wasn't actually looking to get rid of them just trying to figure out there age and any history on them. I thought it was very cool that they were in such great shape and one still had a cork in it. I actually live in Berkshire village on top of a old factory called berkshire glass co. Soo I have been collecting glass for a while. Just the conditions of building I was in and how dry it was preserved them nicely. I know this is a bottle forum but as an example of how perfect the building preserved items I also found this
dqp1uc.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Never heard of Berkshire Village? Where is it? Sounds European? Let me know if you find any old Beer cans under there? LEON.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Most I agree with but the after post may be of big interest. While many people are anti tobacco the are some that really want the early 1900's stuff and that's a beautiful piece.

botlguy

Reaction score
Sorry, Kyle, I didn't mean to be presumptuous, we often get what I call "One Post Wonders" who ask price / value and are gone. We try to politely answer expecting to never hear from them again. Your finds are truly interesting and as far as non-bottle related items we welcome them also, at least I do. Thank you for sharing, your picture quality is refreshing, please show us more of your finds and give us the story that goes with them. We really like pictures, we enjoy the story. Jim P.S. I hope we've answered your questions, if not please persist.

berkshireguy

Reaction score
hemihampton said:
Never heard of Berkshire Village? Where is it? Sounds European? Let me know if you find any old Beelans under there? LEON.
Berkshire village is a small sub town, of a town in massachusetts. County is called berkshire county or as some people call it "The Berkshires". The old glass factory actually blew up I guess in the mid to late 1800s scattering glass all over the area. If you dig down in the dirt anywhere around here you will find some awesome glass
Such as these
122zxwy.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26