GLENN BECK SPOKESMAN FOR GOD!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I don't have a bicker with Plum...just differing opinions. It is good to have the discussions without falling into name calling and wishing for evil to fall on those that do not think like you. Plum just keep it up and keep your mind open and life will be interesting.
Dan. What has and is happening in Japan is terrible. I find I am perfectly capable of thinking about these other things while at the same time feeling horror and empathy for those afflicted in Japan. I also pray for those imprisoned in camps in China and North Korea, prisons of Cuba, the parents and children stabbed to death by terrorists in Israel, families devastated by drug wars in Mexico..I could go on and on. Our problems here really pale compared to what happens in the rest of the world. We are a blessed nation but petty, and sometimes not so petty things, can take make us whine sometimes.

jvharp

Reaction score
Dan, Ill second that! Plumbata (not arguing with anyone here) MAN you know some BIG words.[;)]

towhead

Reaction score
On "big" words....

The purpose of writing is to communicate. Communication is the process by which meaning is created and exchanged. If the person who reads your writing doesn’t understand what you are trying to say, no communication occurs when he or she reads your writing.

-Julie

GuntherHess

Reaction score
RE: G___N B___K who cares about that guy

It can be argued that the more carefully you chose your words , the better you will communicate.
If a common word is not sufficient to express an idea then a more precise, less common word should be used.
Obviously language can be misused for obfuscation but generally I think its up to reader to have some reasonable mastery of their native language. If not, you have a PC, google it[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

Obviously language can be misused for obfuscation

This is why we must all strive to eschew obfuscation and espouse elucidation.

Always loved that one, hehe. [:D]

Road Dog

Reaction score

I think I would have to look up the definitions of the words in the definitions of those words.[&o]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers