GLENN BECK SPOKESMAN FOR GOD!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bostaurus

That's very sad. I find Olberman, Maddow and Ed Schultz to be very biased, arrogant, and mean spirited but would never hope for pain and suffering to visit them. We all hold differing views on politics, religion, etc. and we all express those views in differing ways. Society is best served when we can disagree without calling down evil on our opponents. You can argue, protest, campaign, and vote to make your voice heard but to resort to name calling and the desire for harm is to loose the argument.

It is not as if I harbor an active hope or desire for harm or death to befall such people. I did not say that I wish someone would go assassinate them; my position is simply that if they met an unfortunate end in an ironic manner, I would have no sympathy, and would probably be quite happy about it. Would you cry about the death of Hitler, or any individual who has manipulated the weaknesses of their people to spread propaganda and craft a powerful body of artificially-inoculated public sentiment to further the rapacious agendas of the hidden elite?
Didn't think so.

I agree about Olbermann being a biased fool as well, but do not know about the latter 2 people. I figure you are correct about them also. Then there are crackpots like Alex Jones who have only the most crude concept of what they are talking about, and find conspiracies in everything. If all such people who are inclined to subvert the truth to further their own base agendas ceased to exist this minute, the world would be a far better place. I would not feel bad for them, nor would I pray for their souls. I may agree with some observations made by all talking heads, but when you amalgamate everything they have said and get a glimpse into their own motivations, their own personality, you see that very few, if any, are fit to lead a small congregation, let alone guide the minds of millions of complacent Americans on matters of deep and expansive importance.

This is why I listen to NPR/BBC daily, and only watch my news/topical coverage on the internet from sources like Russia Today, Aljazeera English, Journeyman Pictures, etcetera. If you obtain the majority of your information from a single partisan domestic news outlet, regardless of their position along the political and moral continuum, you cease being reasonably and objectively informed. Sure, you will believe that you are well-informed, otherwise you wouldn't be watching or listening to such material, but the microscope of reality will detect otherwise. Likewise, I KNOW that I am not well informed, and that I never will be, but through the process of sifting the kernels of truth from the voluminous chaff dumped on us daily, one can approximate an understanding of the mechanics operating beneath the facades of public opinion and behind locked doors. I guess my disdain for mass-media news is drawn from the fact that nowadays they exist solely to craft public opinion, not to disseminate objective fact. I consider this to be both a great evil and a horrible crime against the minds of the American people, and view those manipulators who carry out this injustice as being morally bankrupt, or even downright evil.

ktbi

Reaction score
I haven't met a single person yet who swears by Glenn Beck and all he stands for. That begs the question - Why is he still on the air? Ron

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

but through the process of sifting the kernels of truth from the voluminous chaff dumped on us daily,

Like my long departed Uncle would say, " believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"[;)] as far as media goes. It is sad that people have to find comfort in such distraction of the trues on both sides of the isle.
Rocky

bostaurus

Reaction score
Would you cry about the death of Hitler, or any individual who has manipulated the weaknesses of their people to spread propaganda and craft a powerful body of artificially-inoculated public sentiment to further the rapacious agendas of the hidden elite?
No I would not cry about the death of Hitler and any other despot but neither would I be rejoicing; a thankfulness that the misery of a country is over but no rejoicing over the death. Equating a TV personality with Hitler creates a bogus argument. If we were all required to watch one station maybe it would work. We all have the choice to turn on or turn off the TV, radio, or computer. I personally don't put myself in the category having my "weaknesses" manipulated because I watch FOX, read NRO, or listen to some radio program. Sure you should have a variety but in the end all the sources are being filtered through the ideology of the station or journalist. Most people understand that.
The reason that FOX does so well is because so many people, millions, watch it..simple. You can't put it down to them being weak-minded any more than I can say NPR listeners are easily fooled into thinking they are high-minded. I like NPR and I like FOX. I would imagine that a huge number of folks on the forum like to watch FOX but don't chime in here on the forum. For one thing ...it is a bottle forum and many want to just talk about bottles, for another thing..most folks are not as easily lead into arguments like me :)

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

That's very sad. I find Olberman, Maddow and Ed Schultz to be very biased, arrogant, and mean spirited but would never hope for pain and suffering to visit them. We all hold differing views on politics, religion, etc. and we all express those views in differing ways. Society is best served when we can disagree without calling down evil on our opponents. You can argue, protest, campaign, and vote to make your voice heard but to resort to name calling and the desire for harm is to loose the argument.

It is not as if I harbor an active hope or desire for harm or death to befall such people. I did not say that I wish someone would go assassinate them; my position is simply that if they met an unfortunate end in an ironic manner, I would have no sympathy, and would probably be quite happy about it. Would you cry about the death of Hitler, or any individual who has manipulated the weaknesses of their people to spread propaganda and craft a powerful body of artificially-inoculated public sentiment to further the rapacious agendas of the hidden elite?
Didn't think so.

I agree about Olbermann being a biased fool as well, but do not know about the latter 2 people. I figure you are correct about them also. Then there are crackpots like Alex Jones who have only the most crude concept of what they are talking about, and find conspiracies in everything. If all such people who are inclined to subvert the truth to further their own base agendas ceased to exist this minute, the world would be a far better place. I would not feel bad for them, nor would I pray for their souls. I may agree with some observations made by all talking heads, but when you amalgamate everything they have said and get a glimpse into their own motivations, their own personality, you see that very few, if any, are fit to lead a small congregation, let alone guide the minds of millions of complacent Americans on matters of deep and expansive importance.

This is why I listen to NPR/BBC daily, and only watch my news/topical coverage on the internet from sources like Russia Today, Aljazeera English, Journeyman Pictures, etcetera. If you obtain the majority of your information from a single partisan domestic news outlet, regardless of their position along the political and moral continuum, you cease being reasonably and objectively informed. Sure, you will believe that you are well-informed, otherwise you wouldn't be watching or listening to such material, but the microscope of reality will detect otherwise. Likewise, I KNOW that I am not well informed, and that I never will be, but through the process of sifting the kernels of truth from the voluminous chaff dumped on us daily, one can approximate an understanding of the mechanics operating beneath the facades of public opinion and behind locked doors. I guess my disdain for mass-media news is drawn from the fact that nowadays they exist solely to craft public opinion, not to disseminate objective fact. I consider this to be both a great evil and a horrible crime against the minds of the American people, and view those manipulators who carry out this injustice as being morally bankrupt, or even downright evil.

Plum, I have a lot of respect for you. But you lost me on this one buddy. To equate anyone to HITLER is just wrong. he was directly responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people. Who by the way had no choice. I watch Fox, as I watch several different news outlets. To say Aljazeera is somehow unbiased or dosnt have an agenda is also wrong. If you have seen aljazeera in arabic you might not feel this way. NPR not have an agenda? are you serious? Yes, I am what most would call consevative and NPR is what most would call uber-liberal. NPR just had a huge scandal, as you probably know already. You know the details, think that there wasnt an agenda involved? The reason for the scandal was that their agenda was exposed. I bet half the people here dont have a clue what I am talking about. Why? It wasnt on most of the mainstream media. But it was on Fox. Everyone should get as much information as possible and as you said...decifer it for themselves.

By the way...Bill O"Rielly is the most watched show on cable. Do I watch Beck? Yes I do. "Do I swear by him" ? Absolutely not. I seen the show where Glassman THOUGHT he said that God is punishing Japan because they were not doing right. No, as much as I love Jamie that isnt what he said. Jamie took it out of context. What he said was in more general terms. As in The problems that are going on in the world was a way of God's wrath. Now you may or may not believe in such biblical references, But there are alot of people who do. Includeing Jamie.

Hitler was more then evil, he was the devil himself. To put Hitler in the same sentence as Beck, O'Rielly or any other radio,TV, media personality is just way over the top.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
As usual, Plum said it better than I could... [8D] I agree with most of your points, although the Hitler metaphor might be taking things a BIT too far. I certainly see where you're coming from with it, though.

Glenn Beck is a fountain of ignorance, as is Bill O'Reilly. I am embarrassed that the country I live in has residents that put their faith in such buffoons.

Unfortunately, I KNOW this thread is going to go downhill fast. Plum always raises interesting, intelligent, and articulate points, but in the end, there will always be people who can't hold a civil discussion...

lepew62

Reaction score
Soon after Obama was elected I saw a man standingmoutside the post office. He was holding a large bill board with a pic of Obama and Hitler.

Plumbata

Reaction score
No I would not cry about the death of Hitler and any other despot but neither would I be rejoicing; a thankfulness that the misery of a country is over but no rejoicing over the death.

Fair enough.

Equating a TV personality with Hitler creates a bogus argument.

I figured you might interpret it as such but decided not to change the wording. I am aware of the reductio ad hitlerum fallacy and was not equating relatively harmless personalities to that meth-head dictator, but rather, equating the manipulations of public sentiment exercised by him to that of others in this present day. Sure, what we deal with is less nefarious than the propaganda machine implemented by Hitler, but the mechanisms themselves operate along very similar lines. Humans haven't evolved much in thousands of years, but the knowledge of the methods required to subtly influence minds has increased at an alarming rate. I believe that this kind of control is more evil than any individual person could be, and if it takes some death to end the manipulation, amen I say.

We all have the choice to turn on or turn off the TV, radio, or computer. I personally don't put myself in the category having my "weaknesses" manipulated because I watch FOX, read NRO, or listen to some radio program.

No one else would place themselves in such a category either. I didn't myself until i embarked upon a bit of meta-cognitive exploration and realized that my knowledge and opinions were, in fact, largely implanted by the media I was exposed to. I'd like to think I have a strong mind, but the realization that the subtle and highly-complex manipulations carried out by the media was actually being absorbed and internalized, even subconsciously, was rather unsettling to me, and removed the assumption that I was impervious to such outside influences.

Sure you should have a variety but in the end all the sources are being filtered through the ideology of the station or journalist. Most people understand that.

That's the thing. Most people probably do not fully understand that fact. I know I don't. In my travels, it has become apparent that many people take info at face-value and refuse to invest even a few moments picking-apart the information and analyzing it at a deeper level. Some people, on the other hand, are indeed critical and suspicious of what they are told, but such individuals, with more open minds and actual, personal opinions and beliefs are too few to make much of a difference in this democratic nation.

most folks are not as easily lead into arguments like me :)

Ya gotta admit that it can be enjoyable though, eh?

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
It's interesting to read what different people on the forum believe. I think that there is truth in what everyone is saying. Is it all my truth? No, not at all. I haven't heard a good argument to explain why everyone here isn't in constant communication with their god to keep the people of Japan in their loving thoughts. What difference does it make what any person says about this or that? Who cares whether Hitler was a bad person or the devil incarnet or whatever. Is there no compassion amongst any of you? A major disasper has occured. I for one am apalled that no one has mentioned the Japanese people in this thread, just people like Glenn Beck who are paid to say what they are supposed to say. Eighty-five per cent of the media is controlled in this country by one organization. You are controlled by no one. You have the freedom, the right and the obligation to pray and pray hard and long for the people of Japan. I don't care who you're listening to, what book you have been reading or what guru you have been following. Stop all of this incessant bickering and thank god or whomever you believe in, that you and your family are safe and that those who have to endure this terrible ordeal will be delivered.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology