Help on INK collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigber4604

Reaction score
I'll post more pictures when I get a chance. Not a lot of free time at the moment so they are just sitting in the garage waiting for some attention. I've been asking myself the same question, "what am I going to do with all this common stuff". I don't know if I can bring myself to recycle them. Like you said many are 100 plus years old...but I don't have unlimited space either.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bigber4604

The only odd shaped inks are shown below. The dome shaped one says Patd Sept 4 1904 on the bottom.

AD42D9E58A164C3BB0E20700FF6EAE51.jpg

AARON...NOT GONNA DISPUTE THAT IT COULD VERY WELL BE A BIRD THING,BUT IT ALSO COULD BE A IGLOO INK....COURSE THE BACK END IS REALLY HIGH FOR AN IGLOO INK...JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE...WHAT IS THE WRITING ON THE BOTTOM..IF CARTERS I WOULD TEND MORE TOWARDS INK....JAMIE

luckiest

Reaction score
when I dig common bottles I put them in boxes in student neighborhoods, they get picked up fast and maybe I can spark an interest and somebody new will start collecting.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Did you just put a bunch of these inkwells on ebay? If not, someone else is selling a bunch of ones similar to the wells that you have (not bottles) and you can get a good sense of what they are worth now.

Jim G

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
bird waterer
I'm tending to agree. It looks like I see a rim for attaching it to the side of a cage, Late Victorian is my guess.
Either way, aren't the forces between gravity and vacuum cool.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The shape is more teakettle ink rather than igloo. Not saying its an ink, just saying it doesnt look like an igloo ink.
1_7529d42d4944fcaae5eae8a16fbc3423.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I have speculation on these bird waterers/ink bottles. I think some of the forms were used for both. I've seen fancy ceramic ones that are in books as bird waterers, only they have what is clearly ink residue on them.

Jim G

bigber4604

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments. I listed 10 of the ink wells on Ebay last night, and will be listing a few of the inks tonight. We'll find out if anybody else likes them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday