Help with Display Cabinets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggs

Reaction score
Maybe get thin panels of wood or hard plastic to put on it,to make it look like windows. would make it stronger.In case someone tripped and fell into it,wouldnt hurt your bottles,might hurt the person.A little reinforcement never hurts.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi diggs !
It's an old pic , and I can't really make it out. But I know the one on the left is the reverse embossed PHILADELPHIA HOP and the one on the right is either a Frisco Hop Bitters, a Utica Hop Bitters , or a Grave's Tonic Bitters . They are both Aquamarine and the color washes a little in my pic and makes them only look like they are clear in color. Brian

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Brian...

Excuse my ignorance here..but your dragger seems to have the grill of a Maveric, the rear end of a Duster...and the overall look of a Chevelle..???

Help me out here...of course I'm a "roundy-round" driver...you know... Go Fast...Turn Left. That's why my wife says I'm so dizzy and my boss who also drag races his 57 Apache says that circle track racers sleep in trees!

Keep on straight lining...

The Doc...[X(]

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Dr.J A Chevelle ??? LOL
Sorry for the confusion ! It's a 1970 Ford Torino Cobra.
It's powered by a 1970 351 Cleveland on a diet of Alcohol poured thru a Jack Roush modified Ford Motorsports Aluminum intake with a Holley HP 950 CFM alcohol carb on top. It has an Air shifted , trans brake equipped , reverse manual valve bodied C4 automatic tranny with a 5.13 rear end gear. So on and so on !!!! I won't hold it against you .......... that you are a roundy round guy ! LOL joking !!!!
Have a good one ! And keep that need for speed... It will keep you young !!! Brian

drjhostetters

Reaction score
[8D] And me an old Ford racer myself...is my face red?[:)]

Sounds like you had (past tense...racing is the sport of Kings you know) a lot of $ at one time to put together that pony...I'll have to stick to my shoe string stock cars...

Keep on draggin'...I'll keep on roundy roundin'...

The Doc...[X(]

kastoo

Reaction score
Cool..you don't see those Torinos often. Do you drive it on the street?

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi digdug. Be careful in choosing your lighting. Try to get lights that come close to natural sunlight. I bought some for my display that were supposed to be close, but the colors don't seem quite right. By the way, is your name a reference to bottle digging, the old arcade game of Digdug, or both?[:D]

digdug

Reaction score
Well digdug refers to digging for bottles, my ALL TIME favorite video arcade game of the same name, plus my first name is Doug. Combine it all together and you've got digdug!!
Thanks for the lighting tip too! Still trying to finish up the basement for display.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster