Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Hire's ACL.

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirt
HiresBottle.JPG
P1090681.JPG
P1090682.JPG
inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.

RoyalRuby

Oct 5, 2019
Buckeye State
Yep looks nice....seams odd that today I picked up a nice embossed Hires that I've been wanting on20191231_150514.jpg the cheap, also grabbed a one dollar Coca Cola hobble-skit from Key West dated 1944.

Last edited:

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirtView attachment 201008View attachment 201009View attachment 201010 inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.
Great pickup! The ACL is in mint condition and very appealing to the eye.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
That turned out great! I don't dig a lot of ACLs but good to have the confirmation that letting it sit really does work.

Eric

Mar 25, 2008
Wow.. don't know if I could wait that long... That turned out really nice.. I like the Hires ACLs... they have a nice design.
Congrats.

RoyalRuby - Can't beat Hobble-skirts for a dollar! Nice picks

GLASSHOPPER55

Feb 23, 2015
LaPorte County, Indiana
That turned out great! I don't dig a lot of ACLs but good to have the confirmation that letting it sit really does work.
It doesn't *always* work, but does increase the chances it will many times. I dug a rare local milk with a WW2 back, but even after 30 days it still destructed. I think the minerals in the dirt it's found in has a lot to do with it.

Nickneff

Jan 6, 2021
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirtView attachment 201008View attachment 201009View attachment 201010 inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.
Turned out really nice you always got to be super careful of the silk Screen so easy to rub that off when cleaning you did a great job looks good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benC