How old are you ????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Well I'm 23. I've been digging and collecting since i was 11 and hope to keep it up until the day i die. I do it for both the love of history and the early handmade glass but i would not trade all the great friends i've made in the process for anything.

Chris

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I am really glad to see so many young people on here that are interested in bottles !!!! THAT'S GREAT !!!!
If it weren't for you youngins' getting into Bottles our fantastic Hobby would soon die !
So , Boys tell all your school buddies and friends about our great hobby and get them interested .
Let them go on a dig with you sometime and they will soon be hooked !!!!
Hello to all the youngins' on here from Brian S.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I agree with Brian. It's good to see young ones interested in a part of history of our great world. I wish I had started when I was a young... err ... YOUNGER man.

Julie I bet there is a lot of GREAT finds waiting for you there. And the beauty is you don't have to get the land owners permission![:D] Post some pictures of your finds if you can. One thing is for sure, we all love to look at our fellow members finds! Good luck and Happy Diggin!

Kal Welcome to the Forum. You keep checkin in with us when you go back to school.[;)] And keep goin out with your Mum. I bet she'll have you hooked in no time! I wish I had the opportunity to to prospect a little. Not to much gold here on the Staked Plains of Texas[:D] Happy Birthday next month. We will be sharing one together! Kelley

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Kal, welcome to the forum! I'm the guy in Maine your mum sent the Champion Vinegar bottle to. The day it arrived we had snow, did you see the picture I posted? I am still trying to come up with something from here in the States that would be unusual to find where you live. Your mum won't give me any ideas, how about you? What could I send back in appreciation for the great bottle and the expense (wow! Kim! $37.00 au?!), your mum spent to send me the bottle. I was going to send the snowman, but I'm afraid he wouldn't fare to well on the trip[:D]. Then I thought a Moose would be a good idea, but I think a croc would likely get him. hmmmm, what could I send?

KEvans

Reaction score
I am a young and energetic 61. I have not been actively collecting bottles at all but have had some real treasures come my way. My dad and my grandfather on my mothers side were in pharmacy and collected some real nice stuff, most of which went bye-bye at an estate auction in '99. There were dozens of LUG (label under glass) apothecary jars and a coke bottle some of you guys would have cried over. Circa < 1910 from Denver CO. KE

sunshine4me

Reaction score
Hi All, It's nice to get involved with a cool group. I am 41 years old. I have 4 beautiful kids. One husband, one dog, five cats. My dog got me going on bottles. I am so happu for that. It is really nice to talk to alot of different people. I also a grandson.[:)]

Maine woods Digger 2

Reaction score
WELCOME Kally, welcome to the forum, Yup you are right you the youngest so far. My uncle on this site it Maine digger, norm miller hes pretty Intelligent GUY, IM only 15 a year and something older than you, I never would of even given a second look at digging, one day i gave it a shot and found a lamp pole ever since that day i cant wait to get out and dig. And its all because of my great Intelligent Uncle NORMAN MILLER. I'v talked to your mom she might send me something frome where you come from, and im trying to think and think what I could possibly think about sending maine LICENSE plates but i just cant think of anything to send to her, maybe ill send her my very first bottle I dug, its pretty special Riker purfume I DONNO.
nice to have you to the forum Kally please wirte back i would love to talk to you some more....

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Norm your a mind reader also ..... another one of your many talents ?
I just read his post and was wondering if you were paying him or twisting his arm or something ? HaHaHa
Just joking......Sounds like he thinks the world of you !
Brian

Penelope

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: IRISH

HA! I'm the youngest one here by far [:D] I'm 25 and been collecting as long as I can remember (only been collecting bottles 8 or 10 years though).

It looks like we've been beaten in the youngest department since your post... [:)]

I'm 25 and have only discovered an interest in bottle collecting in the last few months.

I live in Atlantic Canada, and as far as specific interests go, all I know is that I like coloured glass. I have a lot of reading and learning to do!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete