I am in uncharted waters.........may-day may-day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Ok what are we dealing with here as far as their age range just curious.

LC

Reaction score
My guess would be between 1870 and 1900 , could be wrong though Steve . I would say that is a close guess .

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thank you Louis The man of the house of the people who lived here before us was a well driller by occupation.These were found in the ceiling above his sons bedroom.These could have been located on job sites while he was drilling.My property has a 800 ft running 2 foot wall around the perimeter made of New Jersey bog iron and sandstone which is found in depths usually 10 feet or greater here in the Southern Part of the state.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
They are the marbles I see on the web site,thanks Loius,Joe and Rory for all your help for all your help.........................................................................I cant get the image of the midget mason out of my head.Did they go together to a tailor and the taller one said: I am a 32 long waist 34 he is 16 long 28 inch waist.....................(Clerk)We have a Napolean Boneparte costume we can alter slightly..............................No that wont work how about a cub scout uniform with thicker gold tassels?We can sow on a ladys sequin and .................................Well think of sumin I am sure..Well call you when its ready.

surfaceone

Reaction score
There are 106 marbles mostly glass but I beleive some clay also.

Yo Steverino,

I think you've got that inside out. They're lookin mighty crockery to me.

"BENNINGTON: A glazed stoneware marble, or cockery, also in the historic record as ‘cockies.’ A term used by collectors believing these were manufactured in Bennington, Vermont, of which no records exist and Bennington, VT authorities deny were manufactured there, yet the term still survives in the hobby of collecting marbles. Three types of Bennington marbles; blue glazed, brown glazed (most common) and Bennington Fancy (see.)

BENNINGTON FANCY: A glazed stoneware marble, as above, glazed in multicolored patches as if sponged." From.

Apparently the greenies are highly sought after:
P1000174.jpg
From Marble Connection.

allen.jpg

Road Dog

Reaction score
Bennington Vermont has (as far as anyone knows) has no connection to these mibs. Even the authorities in Vermont say these were never made there. Bennington was the collector name given to these marbles because of their looking like bennington pottery. These Benningtons Steve shows are probably all German in origin. Complete boxes of these have been found as well with made in germany on the box.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1