I salute you Mr. Bottle Digging Man (please read and reply)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Unidumper

Reaction score
Thanks for putting to words what so many of us feel. Happy 4th to all and God Bless America.

Steve

walkingstick

Reaction score
I dig therefore I am.

728C8E979A9F41CDBCC9DCB471876661.jpg

Celebrate your freedom while you still have it.

Attachments

• 728C8E979A9F41CDBCC9DCB471876661.jpg
    728C8E979A9F41CDBCC9DCB471876661.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 65

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
There is definitely alot of blood, sweat, and tears that goes into bottle digging. Yes, I said tears. I've shed a few tears along the way. I, to this very day, lose sleep at some of the mistakes I have made about bottles. I have broke a few very nice bottles, sold $1000 bottles for $20 when I was a beginner, and had dumps that I had found turned upside down by fellow diggers the next day. These are some of the tearful moments. I had a box of some of my prized bottles stolen out of my car one time. These bad moments are very few and far between. The advantages of bottle digging are too numerous to list. May all of you find awesome bottles soon, and have a wonderful 4th of July!!!!

TROG

Reaction score
Hi DF.
Would have to agree to all you said in the initial post and would have to say it is an obsession to me with the collecting mainly of U S Pot Lids which as you all know are very thin on the ground and am always looking for any I do not have.
All the best to everyone for the 4th July .

PS would you mind me quoting your post on another forum.

Thanks David

dirtflicker

Reaction score
PS would you mind me quoting your post on another forum.

Not at all David...please do! Happy digging to all of you....I plan to go out and git er' dug in a couple of hours![;)]

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Dirtflicker, I call it a hobby but my wife says I'm obsessed! LOL She says that I live and breath bottles and artifacts and that if I could Eat them I would! LOL. Most of what I dig and find is headed for certain destruction. The fun part is actually digging them up but when I get em home and cleaned up on a shelf I feel a sense of satisfaction in knowing that I saved them from being broken. I'd say about 80 % of my digs are on construction sites and I'm constantly battling against time and heavy equipment. Not to mention the dreaded chain link fence and posted signs!!! There is just something about being the first person to hold a bottle, marble, button, arrowhead, or any other artifact that comes out of the ground. I always think about and wonder who the last person was to hold it before me, hundreds or even thousands of years ago. Chris Capley Lex. Ky.

bttlmark

Reaction score
Well I had a long reply and got that damn session timed out crap-
So I will simply say,,,Here,Here to we the Bottle Nuts. A great thing these glass vessels are. Stay safe,Holiday and everyday.
And like Wil said enjoy it while you've got it,one never knows what tomorrow will bring.
Mark

dirtflicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

Hey Dirtflicker, I call it a hobby but my wife says I'm obsessed! LOL She says that I live and breath bottles and artifacts and that if I could Eat them I would! LOL. Most of what I dig and find is headed for certain destruction. The fun part is actually digging them up but when I get em home and cleaned up on a shelf I feel a sense of satisfaction in knowing that I saved them from being broken. I'd say about 80 % of my digs are on construction sites and I'm constantly battling against time and heavy equipment. Not to mention the dreaded chain link fence and posted signs!!! There is just something about being the first person to hold a bottle, marble, button, arrowhead, or any other artifact that comes out of the ground. I always think about and wonder who the last person was to hold it before me, hundreds or even thousands of years ago. Chris Capley Lex. Ky.

Hey Chris...I had to quote your whole post because it was that good. I totally agree...if you didn't dig your a$$ of to get those bottles, they would surely be lost forever. It is diggers like you that save rare bottles from being totally extinct. Like I said...we as bottle diggers/treasure hunters, as far as I am concerned have a civic duty to save these artifacts from extinction....lets face the facts....archaeologists cannot save ALL historical artifacts from being lost to time the way they dig....it takes a real digger that spins some earth to save these items....especially when there is developement or construction going on.....WAY TO GO MAN!!!!

DF

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers