Iam new here just inquiring

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

may48185

Reaction score
Hello I have a ton of whisky bottles and was wondering if you could fill me in on if they are worth anything or not, I have a few listed right now on ebay here is the link please scroll through because I have a few other things listed as well.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZdiscount2k3

I also have a Canadian rare old whisky bottle 1867 - 1967 Centennial bottle would you happened to know if that one is worth of any value as well.

I have 6 huge boxes of whisky bottles and need some knowledge of them since I am very new to this area.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mary

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MAY...Welcome to the Forum...[:)][/align]I hate to be the one to bust your bubble, but the majority of your listed whiskeys are pre-1964 and after 1933...[/align]The Federal Law Forbids, etc...was placed upon liquor bottles by the US Govt in '33, after the Repeal of Prohibition, and the law was rescinded in '64.[/align]
The only one I am unsure of is the Marnier, as it does appear old, and I am not familiar with it being as it is an Imported brand...[/align]
[/align] [/align]

may48185

Reaction score
Not to worry about busting my bubble I dont know nothing about bottles and that is why I came here to learn, could you elaborate a bit more on how I can tell if a bottle is worth anything what about this centennial 1867 1967 bottle that I have? So if it does not say the Federal Law Forbids, etc. than its worth something? Im so clueless to this .thank you kindly for your help I really appreciate it

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MAY...there are collectors of the Fed Law Forbids bottles even though they aren't all that old. One Forum member went off and began a webiste about same, but I don't know the addy.[/align] [/align]I guess the best way to learn value is to search eBay for similar items (active & completed).[/align]Other than that, a visit to your library may yield some books that will assist you.[/align] [/align]Of course, there are many people in here that will also help and offer their opinions - we have a great & varied group of people here with vast combined knowledge and willing to share same.[/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MAY...your Bourbon Supreme decanter is of even more recent vintage than the Fed Law Forbids bottles, as it lacks that embossed characteristic.....removed in 1964.[/align]Another way to determine its "newness", is it has plastic around the cork - which became utilized in the late 1960s and remained until well into the 1970s'....[/align]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter